Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 rg and I am up in the air on cams? I have a big sucker ac, Rinehart 2-1 & PC V. looking at a S&S 551 or Andrews 57H I ride single in the lower rpms 2000-4000 most of the time except when I am running my hard with my buddys. Are most of the bugs out of the chain drive, or is the gear drive the way to go?

P

·
0 Posts
we use alot of the 551`s.i think the S&S .583 might be a better choice if you like to get on it with your buddies from time to time,the 57 would be a good choice too(all three want to be set @ 9.8-1).chain drive would also be fine,no real need for gear drive in the `07 up motors (unless its a very aggressive build with bigger cams)

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have Andrews 48H in my 103. stock heads, Jackpot tuned slipons, catless stock header. Its rips from about 2700 through rev limiter. 98/119 are the numbers. the dyno sheet is posted in that subforum. as if there wasn't enough to think about, these are a good set to consider as well.

·
Registered
400 Posts
My installation for TMan 555TQ, SE adjustable pushrods and bearings was $350 labor at my dealer. Book install calls for 4 1/2 hours. I was quoted $325 by an Indy if I bought all parts from him.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
828 Posts
Mine were 520 with dyno tune afterwards.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I took the S&S 583 out of my Ultra Limited and went with the 222 from Woods. Couldn't be happier with the change. Give Bob a call and discuss 'Your' riding style and what you want out of a cam.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts