Road Glide banner

Update on DOOF

3K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  Doc Sauce 
#1 ·
Hey guys, Jim sent me a text this morning. Here's an update from owner and CEO of Doof HD - "Just woke up from drugs. Doc did NOT do the shock - he found clots. I'm waiting to hear detail and next steps. Stand by for more.love y'all."

I'll keep the group updated and will see if he's up for a visit. In the meantime, keep the prayers up for his clots, his spirits, and his staff of doctors and nurses attending to him.

#9 ·
Once again, as it has over the years, this site is about family. Thank you. My spirits are WAY UP after reading on here. Here ya go:
- first a laugh
- for the shock procedure they glue a bog panel on your chest and one on your back
- while I was still out the tech took off the front
- then they woke me up
- Tech said, Damn I forgot the back, please lean forward
- THAT woke me up
- So I have AFIB, Ventricular tacycardia, enlarged, congestive heart failure and at least one clot
- Starting blood thinner regimen tomorrow
- More tests coming up
- I AM GOING TO ANNIHILATE THIS PUSSY SHIT. FUCK IT. I'M STRONGER AND WILL KICK ITS ASS.
Love you all, Jim

#11 ·
Humor is great medicine Doof. Keep the nurses and Doctors smiling and they'll take good care of you. Glad to hear they've got a game plan that you're happy with. Stay strong and positive

#15 ·
Hello Doof!

Good to hear that things are progressing. More tests are a pain but they all help in the final diagnosis.

Get the Doc's to explain all the good and bad about the various blood thinners that are available for your treatment.

Warfarin is the most common blood thinner and can be reversed the easiest (coagulant introduced to reduce blood thinning ahead of surguries etc). Xaralto is another common one but harder to reverse the effects of the thinning of the blood. There are other choices as well. My father didn't want Warfarin because that is rat poison(in much much much higher doses) and he remembered that on the farm as a kid. (My wife is a pharmacist and as mentioned in other posts, I am directly involved in my father's heart and health care)

There may be a few other drugs mentioned to you as well for heart health, Carvedalol (sp?) is another drug used to strengthen the heart muscle. They may also introduce some other drugs to help you shed any excess water weight that can accumulate in your legs (gravity sucks) because of reduced kidney function.

Tests, tests and more tests. I know it can be a pain in the ass, groin, arms and chest but keep up the great attitude, ask all the questions you can about procedures, medicines so that you are fully informed. With proper treatment and following the regimen presented by the doctors, you quality of life and lifespan can be improved. None of us get infinite mortality but the getting the most we can and enjoying that time to the fullest is the ultimate goal

Remember I am not a doctor and at best am a piss poor shade tree mechanic but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn once or twice so that qualifies me to give less than expert medical advice, that and a two year tech diploma from a world wide recognized Polytechnical Institute in Land Surveying Technology and a N.A.C.E. certificate as a Certified Peer Reviewed Coating Inspector, that's right, I am fully qualified to literally "watch paint dry"!!!!

Your friend and potential customer service rep at Doof HD

Calgaryglide

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.