Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took it for a good ride today and all is great. 222's run really strong. The only gripe I've got is that now I've got reversion coming back through the throttle body. At first I thought it was drive train noise, but when I took the stock A/C cover off and left the filter on (I have a fuel moto billet A/C) the noise wasn't as loud and when I reached down and covered the filter with my hand I could tell that the noise was coming from there. So all in all I am happy, but now I think that gutting the cat and the CFR's are the reason for the reversion. So new slip-ons or a 2-1 might be in order for the future, but for now I can put up with the noise. (it is a harley ya know!):D

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Good deal. The 2-1 will net some performance gain too! That's a good feeling when you get it back together and everything works. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
What does REVERSION sound like?? I'm running the CFR's on Fullsac head pipe and have been thinking about installing the 222 cam as well. At this time I will not remove the CFR's. I would rather run the CFR's than get rid of the CFR's.

I'm taking my bike up to N. Cal this weekend to have Bob at RC Cycles do a tune. I'm interested to see what this Stage 1 puts out.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reversion is like a knocking sound. It comes through the TB. If it was valve train noise it would be constant.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The sound your hearing is coming from the throttle body stepper motor I suspect. It rattles a bit under acceleration.
The stock A/C cover does an excellent job of masking the noise.
I reused the stock cover on my A/C set-up and it's hardly noticeable.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sound your hearing is coming from the throttle body stepper motor I suspect. It rattles a bit under acceleration.
The stock A/C cover does an excellent job of masking the noise.
I reused the stock cover on my A/C set-up and it's hardly noticeable.
Stock cover made it worse on mine. Talked to Fuel Moto today and mine and their opinion was the same. The full open exhaust I have now (with the decatted exhaust and CFR's) will cause the reversion. They never hear it because of the exhaust set ups that they use have a little back pressure to them. I will probably sell the CFR's and go with what they recommend. Leaning toward the jackpot 4" black slash-ups. The CFR's are great sounding, but I'm looking to squeeze a little more out of it without going to a 2-1 setup. Eventually I will get Fuel Moto's 2-1-2 header.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Every bike is different I guess.
I have the D&D Fat Cat on mine and I only notice the rattle when I take off from the house because I live on a quite street. Once it's out in the traffic or highway the rattle is gone.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Stock cover made it worse on mine. Talked to Fuel Moto today and mine and their opinion was the same. The full open exhaust I have now (with the decatted exhaust and CFR's) will cause the reversion. They never hear it because of the exhaust set ups that they use have a little back pressure to them. I will probably sell the CFR's and go with what they recommend. Leaning toward the jackpot 4" black slash-ups. The CFR's are great sounding, but I'm looking to squeeze a little more out of it without going to a 2-1 setup. Eventually I will get Fuel Moto's 2-1-2 header.
Can you mod the baffle in the CFR? I've read here that CFRs are a bitch to tune. But unless they say its designed to work only with the cat'd header I'd presume there's some option out there.

I'm actually getting ready to move to a 2-1 if you want to talk about a FM 2-1-2 PM me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts