Road Glide banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original thread link (I hope) http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=220810

After I deemed the situation beyond my skill level, off to the dealership. They worked on it between the bikes that actually had appointments and after a couple weeks they determined it was the ECM. Covered under warranty and replaced. Bike runs like a champ now. I just got back from a weekend riding the mountains of West Virginia and had no problems at all! Thank god. Oh and I ditched the micro tuner for a SERT so that when I decide on new cams, the tuner is there and ready. The Fuel Moto micro tuner was great for the time I had it but I knew at some point with cams in my future I'd need something more tune-able. Thanks for all the input from those that helped and hopefully this will help someone else.

Meanwhile, if anyone has cam suggestions for more high end torque, I'm all ears. 2012 103" RGU. I ride two up about 90% of the time and fully loaded in the bags and tour-pak about 30% of the time. Want to keep the low end torque but gain in the high end...Looking for suggestions. As always, thanks for any help.

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
Always good to get things running the correct way.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand that cams won't take care of everything but I am not looking for a screaming motor that will rocket me down the road. I just want some more get up than a stock motor with a new exhaust and air cleaner. Cams, in my mind, is the logical next step. I don't anticipate me building up the whole motor, I don't need it for the riding I do but I would like so more umph when I need to get out of a situation going down the interstate at 70-75 and 2500 RPM. If I have to get on it, I want to actually move faster than I can now. So, any recommendations?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Maybe some headwork with the cam install. Can't really suggest any cams as I'm still running a stock 2013 RGU, however this is the route I'm taking when I get ready. Check out the dyno section to get some ideas about what you're looking for.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I would suggest Woods 222's or a Andrews 48,with many cams that give you high end power,with out other mods such as more compression and head work,you will lose lots of low end and mid range.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I own 4 harleys and have used to many cams to list. After all my research on my 2015 Roadglide and finally went with the 57H from Andrews. This cam is a perfect cam for those not wanting to do headwork. This cam really cooks very well from 2500 all the way to rev limiter. It can make 100hp/113tq with the right pipe. I use the D&D Fatcat, performance baffle. If I had done headwork, might have gotten another 5/8 out of it. But that being said, if I was going to do headwork I would have gone with a different cam. Very, very satisfied with this cam. It kicks ass on the highway and passes with ease and no downshifting on long climbs. Average 44-45 mpg. So there you have it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.