Road Glide banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
31-4001 Paid $388 on Ebay..

Got them installed with the chrome lowers. It does make a difference for me with the 1" drop. However, if you look at the picture of the monotubes, they have changed it. One side is monotube and the other is springs. I do not feel much difference over stock springs. Those of you who do not need the lowering of the bike, I would suggest maybe changing to heavy fork oil for a more solid feel. Cheaper than monotubes.

Just my opinion.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
12,818 Posts
Interesting that you think putting heavier weight oil in the forks would approximate the difference that the monotubes make. I spent $258. for my monotubes 4 years ago and I consider that to be the second best mod I've made, with the best being a handlebar change. It sounds like either you hadn't experienced a lot of riding with the stock fork to realize how bad it was, or, that someone installed your monotubes incorrectly. It's all about the number of spacers/washers you use for your weight and riding style. Mine were installed incorrectly at first but once they were right they were a huge upgrade from stock.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Interesting that you think putting heavier weight oil in the forks would approximate the difference that the monotubes make. I spent $258. for my monotubes 4 years ago and I consider that to be the second best mod I've made, with the best being a handlebar change. It sounds like either you hadn't experienced a lot of riding with the stock fork to realize how bad it was, or, that someone installed your monotubes incorrectly. It's all about the number of spacers/washers you use for your weight and riding style. Mine were installed incorrectly at first but once they were right they were a huge upgrade from stock.
Well said!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just had the standard height monotubes installed on my '13 RG Ultra both units were the same design and at $249.00. I believe the change in spring on one side was a year model change for the 2014/2015. Yes, they are the best upgrade for my bike to date.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I did the 2 inch on my 2015 and I think it made a huge difference in the ride, for the better. And it took away the annoying brake dive. I would say it's one of the best mods on my bike too. Looks much better, with the 21 front, I think it was sitting way too high.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Here is the only one I've taken so far...

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.