Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
awhile ago I posted about exhaust and what you guys had been running, Got the slimline duals with 4 inch mufflers in black, couldn't be happier with the sound and performance, now it doesn't sound like a sewing machine with the cat and I must admit it has a better response on the throttle and speed. anywho here are a few pics,........also a Christmas story to tell: The girlfriend buys me a full drag specialties bolt kit for my engine...(Im trying to black everything out) She goes to the dealer to order the part (1rst mistake she didn't consult me and wanted to get the right parts so I was out of the loop had I known I would have ebayed it). The dealer talks her into BLACK CHROME bolts, (my motor is flat, semi gloss and denim black) So thinking she got the right color from the dealer she pulls the trigger. She goes to pick the bolts up and immediately she's thinking to herself...its the wrong color, BINGO! I open the gift and I was like YEA thanks but no thanks/ the chrome black stick out worse than the stock bolt heads...LOng story short....we go back to exchange the bolts and he being the same guy who ordered the bolts cant or doesn't have just a black bolt kit...20 minutes of him flippin through catalogs
and trying to talk me into keepin the bolts...NOT HAPPENIN...He tells her they are refundable...when she goes to swipe the card for the refund he quickly says "oh there's a 20 percent restocking fee"......we wer like WTF? the freakin bolt kit was 340.00 bucks or so, she wouldn't let me see the receipt...and the 20 percent re stocking fee was 70.00 bucks.....restocking fee.??...they make 70.00 bucks for nada....gimme a break.....Then the refund didn't get into her account until the following weekend...WHAT A JOKE,,they take your money instantly, but you don't get yours for a week?..... Thanks HD parts guy your the best !!!!!!! I end up at lowes and buy a 14.00 dollar can of high resist heat paint for bbq's and a some brushes at the hobby store for 5 bucks...19.00 bucks and my bolt heads are all Blacked out!!!!!! and they look good too. Just put a bad taste in my mouth...why is it always about the money?

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Did you try to maybe get them to give you a store credit? It was their fault...

Regardless, looks good man!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
We wer so pissed off and in amazement that we just did a U-turn and walked straight out........had a few more things I wanted to look at,..but not after that...... I don't know what amazes me most,...the fact my GF spent 340.00 bucks on a set of bolts..or that HD made 70.00 bucks off of a refund. BIZARRO WORLD.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Not defending the dealer, but they are out of the loop on the credit refund once it's entered. It's a pre-set timing thing between the credit companies, your's and theirs. The 20 % sucks big time.
It all turned out well though, your bike looks great and your ol' lady learned a lesson... never buy parts for your bike unless given a parts #.:D

·
Registered
462 Posts
Your bike looks excellent! I'd encourage your GF to keep trying - who knows, black 120R might end up under the tree:D

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I hear ya..........yea she already stated "NO MORE BIKE PARTS AS PRESENTS"..
That why I got garage bling for Christmas. The wife won't buy me parts. One of the biggest reason I get a lot of my parts from the dealer is if ain't what I want they take it back with no problem ( so far). Makes you wonder about some dealers.

·
Registered
391 Posts
We wer so pissed off and in amazement that we just did a U-turn and walked straight out........had a few more things I wanted to look at,..but not after that...... I don't know what amazes me most,...the fact my GF spent 340.00 bucks on a set of bolts..or that HD made 70.00 bucks off of a refund. BIZARRO WORLD.
If you can, write a nice calm letter being as cool as you can to the Gen Manager/Owner explaining that you would like to continue purchasing stuff from them but the 70 buck thing has got you disheartened etc, as it was their fault. Guarantee you'll get a positive response back and probably something like a free service or something out of it.

Talking is one thing, seeing an official complaint on paper is a whole another thing. People don't take the time to do this anymore and it usually takes the dealer off-guard.
It usually works because it's hard for them to ignore and if they respond negatively you have actual proof of their half-assery on official dealership letterhead to show the rest of the world - and they know that...

Second, I wouldn't give the GF too much grief over her purchase. She meant well, and at least you know you're worth 340.00 of her money.
I got like socks and K-cups from my GF. She must hate me. ;)

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
all this money!,...

Why is it all about the Money!?????
after $12,000 and custody still with me I dont ask my Attorney why,...I keep my Mouth Shut and just ask, 'How Much This Time!' or Thank You Sir, may I have another!??? hehehe

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SO I end up with a 300 dollar watch and a bottle of cologne.....Cant say I really like the watch. But I am thankful for the gesture...I have the gift receipt but if I don't wear the watch I'm in trouble..........Im thinking Ill exchange the cologne and that's it......wear the watch when shes with me....heck I coulda just picked out a set of bars I wanted .......

·
Registered
61 Posts
My girlfriend did, in my opinion, the best thing a woman could do...Harley Davidson gift card. That way she is buying for the bike, but I get to pick it out!

I also agree with what someone else said about writing a calm letter to the GM/Owner. You would be surprised about the attention those letters get vs. the attention that bashing the dealer on the internet gets.

See if you bash them on the internet, then they have no real reason to do anything for you because the bashing is already out there...where as if you calmly write a letter stating your displeasure you will likely receive something in return.

This is the way that I handle all of my issues that I have with companies and if I don't receive the response that I want, then I address it on social media and other internet avenues.

And let me make myself clear...I am not saying that you were/did bash the dealer because you didn't.

·
Registered
440 Posts
In regards to hardluck5150's post ...
Maybe I shouldn't throw out my 2 cents ... but here it is.
First, the dealer should have considered your past purchases, if you had any, besides the bike, in regards to that 20% restocking fee.
Second, dealers ( or any business ) do not operate for free. Employees must be paid for their time, the building sucks electric, gas and communication expenses, then add in inventory costs, etc., and you get the point.
No business can survive unless it makes some money.
Now, I myself can't stand my local dealer and won't use their service department, but I still understand they can't operate and survive without charging something.
Another post suggested writing a letter to the GM of the dealer. I did that too. I got an immediate response, but received nothing in exchange, except lip service.
Sometimes it's best to find another dealer that appreciates your business.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Most of all I posted this to share my experience with you guys.....just to see what yall thought...and if you had similar experiences.....It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth but like I said I wanted to share this with you the forum.....That's all.....The receipt does say a 20 percent restocking fee for all purchases returned...in very very tiny tiny print at the bottom --ultimately it was our error..so we've chalked it up to LESSON LEARNED........Ultimately for me ----It helps to get it out of my head and on paper so -to -speak..(in this case on the screen)..........keep pushin forward and don't look back. kneez in da breeze

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I'd give the gf a hug, a squeeze, and a little face for droppin' the $340.00. Then I'd ask her, in the future, to purchase the HD gift cards for the amount of the part she thinks I want so I can deal with the dealer as buying buying bike parts is kinda complicated with all of the differences between models and year groups. Then a little more face and see how she smiles! That way she feels better and you still get parts you want in the future. and perhaps she'll return the face time...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts