Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current 6 speaker system: Sony memx head unit (keeping that). Hogtune amp and 2 hogtune speakers in stock locations. Rockford pbr 4ch amp feeding 4 polk DB speakers, two 6.5's cut into fairing facing forks and two 5.25's in bag lids. I will be replacing my current lids with a set of AdvantBlack 6x9 lids. Would like to ditch both current amps and all 6 speakers with something with more power. I am on my second RF amp and its lost 2 channels now, the Hogtune deal is still working. Not into audio competition type stuff, just want the hear it clearly at highway speeds. Also want to keep it affordable! So I am thinking I will still need 2 amps to feed 6 speakers, two 6x9's in the lids, two 6.5's facing forks, and 2 speakers in stock fairing location. What would you suggest to run behind the Sony head unit for amps & speakers that wont break the bank?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
You ok with losing gauges for horns?
PA speakers or coaxial?
What type of music?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not interested in loosing gauges. Just decent coax speakers are fine for me and the budget. Was thinking possibly going with Polk MM series speakers and a cerwin vega B54 amp for the 4 fairing speakers and a B52 amp for the 6x9's in the lids. Or are there better options for not much more $$?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
If you want to keep budget down look into soundsteam 1000d, CV amps, and I'm sure there are a couple other options at that price point.
Polks don't sound good to me so I can't help with those speaker options.

See if you can listen to some other bikes and find what you like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts