Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
After researching, I either can not find what I am looking for or what I find is over my head :)
I have a stage 1 with SE breather, Fulsac headers, SE mufflers, and all dynotuned.
So, I was looking to see what an upgrade to cams might do, and will that quiet down the motor a bit. I have wrenched on my bike and can follow good instructions if need be.
Suggestions?:serious:

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
If you have the service manual for your bike the instructions to do a cam install is in the manual!.
You should replace the inner cam bearing when doing a cam mod and you need a cam bearing removal/installation tool to do this.
If you don't have adjustable pushrods in your bike then you will need to either take off the rocker assembly to remove the pushrods or cut the pushrods and replace them with adjustable pushrods.
A low end mid range torque cam is the best choice for the touring model bikes and if you stay around .555 lift it isn't as hard on the valve springs and will keep the top end a little bit quieter the a higher lift cam.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have the manual but at this point dont feel confident enough to do it.
I was thinking of having the dealer do the install and then dyno tune. I guess I dont want the dealer to oversell things.
Overall, I would like a bit more of everything. I am not a speed shifter or WOT and go all the time type. I just want it to be there when I need it or when I want it.
I

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you're close to Kingman, AZ, I'm more than willing to offer my services. I'm a Harley Davidson certified mechanic working at their test site up here, always willing for some side work and to help someone out.

Reactions: Drampy

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Hi all.
After researching, I either can not find what I am looking for or what I find is over my head :)
I have a stage 1 with SE breather, Fulsac headers, SE mufflers, and all dynotuned.
So, I was looking to see what an upgrade to cams might do, and will that quiet down the motor a bit. I have wrenched on my bike and can follow good instructions if need be.
Suggestions?:serious:
A Cyclerama .570, or an Andrews 48 are 2 good choices for plug/play cams in that 2013(?).
Scott

·
Registered
575 Posts
If you're close to Kingman, AZ, I'm more than willing to offer my services. I'm a Harley Davidson certified mechanic working at their test site up here, always willing for some side work and to help someone out.
Pretty good offer right there. Changing cams and bearings can be a little intimidating the first time you do it yourself but it.s really not that difficult just a little tedious. Here's a good link that goes through it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5KvamRqCis

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
If willing to pull the heads, and some mild work in key areas, and a Cyclerama .575 is a home run also.
Scott
Hey Scott, what could someone expect out of the Cyclerama .575, headwork with 1.9" intake valves, 2n1 Fat Cats and heavy breather. Any guesses on Hp/Tq.?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hey Scott, what could someone expect out of the Cyclerama .575, headwork with 1.9" intake valves, 2n1 Fat Cats and heavy breather. Any guesses on Hp/Tq.?
Durwood (Shafer Performance) tuned a 103" with stock pistons, Dan Vance heads and CR575, 110.41hp/118.45tq SAE. Breaks 110 ft lbs @ 2700 rpm. Stout.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I say grab your manual and acquire the tools. Take your time, read through the manual and you always have us to ask if you run into questions. It seems like alot the first time, but after you finish it and fire it up you won't be able to get the ear to ear grin off your face. My first install was a set of Woods 222's in my '12 with Stage 1. Turned out great. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts