Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...here's the dirty......2013 Road Glide Custom with lowers. I installed a Jensen H1BT head unit already, so I'm looking for input on a system that would include an amp, two fairing speakers, and two 6.5" speakers for the lower pods. Ideal price point is $1000 before installation. You are the experts....let me know what you think! Thanks in advance...look forward to seeing what is recommended.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Congrats on taking the first steps in music....So many choices with amp, CV, RF, Arc, BT etc.
Speakers....RF, BT, Kappas, PRV'S, etc...Research audio threads here or HDF to fine tune your needs...Endless.
Read Gann-man I call him, on HDF, he knows audio..
Good luck

·
Registered
451 Posts
OK...here's the dirty......2013 Road Glide Custom with lowers. I installed a Jensen H1BT head unit already, so I'm looking for input on a system that would include an amp, two fairing speakers, and two 6.5" speakers for the lower pods. Ideal price point is $1000 before installation. You are the experts....let me know what you think! Thanks in advance...look forward to seeing what is recommended.
Kinda depends on what your looking for. If your looking for something that'll sound good on the road, it may not sound good in the parking lot (bass for instance you will not hear while riding). Something that'll sound good without breaking the bank while riding is the SoundStream and Kappa's

You'll need 5.25 to 6.5 adapters for the fairing speakers.

https://www.amazon.com/Soundstream-PN4-520D-520-Watt-4-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B00L49148I/ref=sr_1_1
https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Kappa-62-11I-6-5-Inch-Speakers/dp/B009GHQX5O
JL Audio SAR-HD-RG-650 (92201) 5.25 to 6.5-inch Speaker Adaptor for Harley-Davidson Road Glide with ?Sharknose? fairing. at Onlinecarstereo.com

I also wrapped my fairing speakers in a couple laters of panty hose to help keep some of the moisture out. This has worked so far for the past 3 years and they have gotten wet MANY times.

Amp will fit in the fairing, double side tape or industrial velcro on the right side between glove box and fairing.

·
Registered
317 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts