Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year , was hoping to get some help on audio up grades and have several questions. I am looking to add rear speaker and upgrade front speaker aswell as add 2 speaker horns to the rear. thats 8 channels total and 2 4 channel amps. every thing I have purchased is 4 Ohms. I have got a decent deal on everything but its all mixed match brands. I am feeling I should have done more homework now that I see all the plug and play brands out there but committed to what I have now. So to help with install I recently ordered DSR1 Rockford Fostgate/Meastro Idatalink. so here is my first question: Is it True when installing rear speakers and amp if you have a RG/SG special you can tap in to blue speaker wire and will not need a flash from dealer to have them work. Is this a fact for 2017? If it is true will I still need a LOC or DSP ? Planning to add aftermartket Amp and rear speakers and keeping harley HU.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What speakers/amp/horns did you get?

You don't have to flash the radio to add rear speakers. With line levelers the difference between flash and no flash is the amp can get input from the front and rear output of the HU (flashed) or the amp uses the same input from the HU and just splits it for front and rear channels (not flashed). I have zero experience with the DSR1, but inputs are inputs so the options should be the same.

Some folks have tried just the flash to flatten the HU signal with mixed results. Most guys are using line levelers (not the same as LOC) and the guys that are really serious about the unicorn hunt are using DSPs.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
You can still get a wiring kit to make what you have virtually plug and play. You should get the Biketronics line levelers...unless you have the $$ to outlay on the DSP...what equipment did you purchase?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally Got my Flash done today after being refused two previous times due to Harley BS. Had to remove aftermarket lids and put stock back on . stupidity. I hope they got the Ultra flash correct. I did 0 Amp and 4 speaker to avoid my " HU from explosion". As I was told by the tech. what a joke. and Hopefully the next time I do the usb update I hope they don't inadvertedly remove my flash.. I did notice the volume was reduced after flash. I will post an update after I finish the install. Thanks eveyone for the help!!!

Plan- 2, MX 6.5 Mille pro Hertz in front fairing and 2 st25 hertz tweeter, pushed by Diamond Micro 4v2 Amp. and 4, 6x9 pioneers in rear pushed by Alpine 4 channel. all this will be flatten by DSR1 rockford DSP. I know i didn't need flash with the DSR1 but I just prefer a flash. I want all my functions out the bike I own. RGs 2017. stay tuned..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts