Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just upgraded my upper end yesterday with ported heads and cp 9.75-1 forged Pistons. Everything went together great and went through 4 heat cycles, let sit overnight. Went out this morning and started up and within 30 seconds developed squeak(squeal) oil pressure is fine and seems to run fine other than noise CONFUSED. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dan

· Registered
7,518 Posts
Sounds like a lifter is going out. If the roller bearings on the lifters start to go bad there will be a squeak noise. If you adjusted the pushrods to loose there would be a clicking or rattling noise.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Upper

Ironmark thank for the reply,I replaced cams last year with Andrews 37cams with upgraded cam chest and adjustable pushrods and new lifters. When I pulled it apart this time I replaced adjustable so with stock pushrods. Do you still think a lifter might be bad?

· Registered
7,518 Posts
The squeak noise is most commonly a bad roller bearing on the lifter. I would suspect that when you put the perfect fit pushrods back in the bike the pushrods may be too long for the cam. I don't have the specs on the cam you are using but if it has more lift than the stock cam then the pushrods may be too long putting extra pressure on the lifters, if the roller bearing on the lifters is going bad then the extra pressure would make the bad roller bearing show up sooner.
I would suggest putting the adjustable pushrods back in and see if the noise goes away but I would inspect the lifters while the pushrods are pulled out.

· Registered
7,518 Posts
Dropping the rockers down .025 along with the difference in the lift on the cam lobes will make the stock PR longer then they should be the adjustables are your best bet.

· Banned
94 Posts
I could see that,but it would have showed up on the first heat cycle,and after 4 heat cycles,there would be more than enough oil to the rocker bushings.now if you used p/rods that have been sitting for a while,theres a chance one (or more) is plugged,so after 4 heat cycles with no oil being pumped to that rocker,it could be dry now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.