Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the possibility of riding to this area of SC on Memorial Wknd. Any sites/roads/restaurants that are a must?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Hope you have a great trip over here. There is some pretty good riding here in the upstate, and good riding just across both the NC and GA borders. One of my favorites here is the length of Hwy 11. Great scenery around lake Jocassee and Keowee. A couple of favorite stops on 11 are Aunt Sues Country Corner near Pickens (a great biker tourist and biker stop) with shops, food and icecream), or further north near Chesnee is Strawberry Hill, snacks and our favorite place for ice cream.

Hwy 276 north out of Traveler's Rest is a great road, and will take you across the NC line into Brevard. It's just a great twisty to ride. A buzz over to Landrum can also be a nice ride and interesting stop. Another great loop is heading over the NC line to Lake Lure - a couple of good restaurants overlooking the lake and then heading over to Chimney Rock.

Not sure where you're staying, but if you don't get some better ideas, shoot me a note and I'll be glad to come up w/ lots more.

Have a great trip!

Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts