Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am in a jam and need some help. I need a taller windshiled for a week end trip to Deals Gap but I need it by Thursday evening.

I finally got the bike back together from my accident last fall. My tall windshield was destroyed in the accident and I had planned to run one of my shorter ones but they both beat my wife to death.

Ideally I would like to buy a 15" clear Windvest but I will take anything I can get my hands on at this point If somone is willing to let me borrow it.

I am going to call Iron Pony in the morning since they are local to me to see if they have anything in stock. I am not holding my breath on that though.

I am willing to pay for overnight shipping if needed. Please help a brother out if you can?

Thanks
junk runner jr
Jason

·
Registered
163 Posts
Check the for sale section. Just saw an adjustable 10.5"-17" adjustable windscreen available. I believe it was around $110 or so. If you need one fast here's the chance!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll look in to that one as a last resort tomorrow. I am not a huge fan of the looks of the Bagger Shield but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have one you could borrow if needed. I believe I have a 12" clearview and a 16" clearview at home.

I'll double check tonight when I get home....

LMK if your interested or not.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have a VStream standard I can Fedex to you overnight if needed.......just let me know. We can work out shipping payment.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the offers guys. Spencer from Bagger Shield sent me a pm and made me a deal I could not refuse on one of their models. He also offered to send it overnight. Although I was not considering their product his service and willingness to help me out changed my mind. I just got an email from him stating that he dropped it off at the post office personally. Now that is service!

Thanks Spencer!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Great to hear that our sponsors respond like that! What a great site!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the offers guys. Spencer from Bagger Shield sent me a pm and made me a deal I could not refuse on one of their models. He also offered to send it overnight. Although I was not considering their product his service and willingness to help me out changed my mind. I just got an email from him stating that he dropped it off at the post office personally. Now that is service!

Thanks Spencer!
No problem. Enjoy the shield and your Tail of the Dragon ride.

Spence

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Hi all, I am in a jam and need some help. I need a taller windshiled for a week end trip to Deals Gap but I need it by Thursday evening.

I finally got the bike back together from my accident last fall. My tall windshield was destroyed in the accident and I had planned to run one of my shorter ones but they both beat my wife to death.

Ideally I would like to buy a 15" clear Windvest but I will take anything I can get my hands on at this point If somone is willing to let me borrow it.

I am going to call Iron Pony in the morning since they are local to me to see if they have anything in stock. I am not holding my breath on that though.

I am willing to pay for overnight shipping if needed. Please help a brother out if you can?

Thanks
junk runner jr
Jason
I've got a stock Ultra style you can have for shipping if you want it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I just wanted to give an update after our ride. Spencer at Bagger Shield is definitely the man! The shield arrived on Thursday as promised. It fit great and looks good.

We rode about 40 hours from Friday morning through Sunday night. The shield performed well. If it were two inches taller it would have completely blocked all wind from my helmet but even at the existing height it did a very nice job.

My seat on the other hand was horrible! It was a Mustang seat that I shortened to fit the Bad Dad stretched tank. My modifications to the seat made it worthless. My wife and I both were in so much pain that we were forced to stop and rest every 45 min.

I started messing around with the stock seat last night. I had not ever sat on it before. The seat will drop me the two inches needed to solve the windshield height issue. BONUS!!!! I had to modify the tank a little bit to get it on but I think its going to work out better in the long run.

Any way back to my original thought. Bagger Shield had a great product with even better customer service. I would buy from them all over again if I had a chance.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Glad to hear you got your shield issue resolved. The seat part sucks, but it sounds like your on your way to resolution there as well. Been there done that on the seat. An uncomfortable seat can suck the fun right out of a road trip.
Your bike is lookin good, nicely done.

Rowdy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts