Road Glide banner

US Fender on Canadian bike

8K views 37 replies 9 participants last post by  Baggerdaddy76 
#1 ·
Hey guys, new to the Harley world and to this forum. I just picked up a 2019 RGS. Love the bike, except the taillight. I live in Canada, so we have the big taillight on the rear fender. I managed to pick up a US rear fender to match my billiard blue off eBay. I’ve been searching the forums and cant find anyone that has done this before. I know the wiring harnesses are different, but people also get the CVO fender and make that work, which would be similar to this. Just wondering if anyone has done any wiring related to something like this? Thanks for the help.

#31 ·
I road all season with the red light on the speedo coming and going. Lol. Glad it's not there anymore though. Hopefully that's what fixes your guys issues. Damn Canadian regulations with our big ass lamp in the middle

#34 ·
So, I bought a custom dynamics tribar light off a guy who bought the US versions and wouldn’t work with his Canadian bike. I plugged that into my US lights and everything works, except the light bar won’t do brake lights. Running lights, signals and tribar light all work. Only brake light I have is the CD tribar. I was thinking maybe of getting the road king auxiliary light/running light/ turn signal conversion kit from Harley. That kit turns road kings with a Center taillight and signals, into all lights acting as brake lights and running lights. But the signals still work. This might do it?!?

#35 ·
I hate to suggest this but why not just sell your bike and buy one "in the states" and ride home.

Might be a lot more fun than what you have going on for 8 months?
Not to mention that we are going to have some really really good deals and low prices for some used bikes, sadly some people are going to need the money.

#37 ·
Well, it took a while. But it’s all sorted out. All thanks to custom dynamics tribar light and their smart triple play connector for road kings. I used the US Custom dynamics tribar on the US fender I had and everything worked. Except the signals lights wouldn’t work as brake lights. So I did some more research and found what people do on road kings to make all their lights act as brake lights. They use the custom dynamics triple play connection. I just installed it, and everything works perfect! Thanks, everyone, for the help over the past while with this. It’s a great forum we have here with a lot of knowledgeable people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.