Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok, so I made a boo boo. I had the TriBar lights connected on the wrong sides. Soooo, with everything directly plugged in, I get all the lights running, and the left turn signal will work. But no brake lights or right signal.

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
You're killin me Smalls! Just kidding. Get out a pen and a notebook and start creating a map of the wiring. Write down what you are doing and what the result is with which wires connected and what that wire is supposed to do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
You're killin me Smalls! Just kidding. Get out a pen and a notebook and start creating a map of the wiring. Write down what you are doing and what the result is with which wires connected and what that wire is supposed to do.
Haha. Ya, I’ve been trying everything with wire combinations. The only thing I can do is get all the running lights working and left signal. If I touch the Blue/Red to the left side signal, I get brakes just on the left side. No, signal or brakes on right side.

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
I just looked at the connector pictures I posted again. If a Canadian and US bike are duplicates into the module then make sure your connectors are wired like the US pictures for the module out. Make sure you have the right module too. If that isn't working, then do not connect the lights and just check what signals are coming out of the module. Maybe the module is defective? You do have a US fender and US module right? Make sure the bulbs after good too. Are you checking with DVOM or test light? Make a schematic of what wires are where and take a picture to post it.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,967 Posts
I have read through this over the days, but not 100% up to speed as to what you are trying to achieve in regards to having the lights running. In Canada, I didn't think we were required to have the signal lights running all the time, just the brake light are wired as such. You would think then that the bulbs would not be dual element and possibly not wired as such. If you want them to run as such, there should be wiring in the tour pack harness that will run the signals as dual, as that is ho the tour pack is wired regardless of country. At least, this is how my 08 is wired tour pack is dual running/turn in red, my lower turn signals are orange and only on when activated by the switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Haha. Ya, I’ve been trying everything with wire combinations. The only thing I can do is get all the running lights working and left signal. If I touch the Blue/Red to the left side signal, I get brakes just on the left side. No, signal or brakes on right side.
Did you ever get it figured out? I am dealing with the same issue. I do not see a brake light signal coming out of tri-bar light.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
No, I didn’t. I didn’t install the US fender. But my friends at the dealer ship said they can try flashing it and see if that’s all it needs. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm in Canada. I replaced my Canadian fender with a nastyhog 2 light cvo fender. I had a harness I got from jarz that worked for my bike brake lights and signals all worked. But I kept having BCM codes. But the lights all functioned. An Indy shop was able to figure out why. They deleted my brake light from my Canadian bike through the techno research software and that got rid of my codes and lights all work as they're supposed to. Going from Canadian to us style lights the bike is looking for the brake light in the middle I guess and thats probably what yours is doing. I think our Canadian Bikes are configured as ROAS KINGS cause I believe the American road kinds have same fenders as us. Where as the street glides and rgs have the 2 lamp fender in the states without the big brake light. Changing the setting in the bcm might fix your problem

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Awesome, thanks! That’s what we’re thinking too. Now just have to wait for the snow to go away...

·
Registered
123 Posts
I road all season with the red light on the speedo coming and going. Lol. Glad it's not there anymore though. Hopefully that's what fixes your guys issues. Damn Canadian regulations with our big ass lamp in the middle

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
So, I bought a custom dynamics tribar light off a guy who bought the US versions and wouldn’t work with his Canadian bike. I plugged that into my US lights and everything works, except the light bar won’t do brake lights. Running lights, signals and tribar light all work. Only brake light I have is the CD tribar. I was thinking maybe of getting the road king auxiliary light/running light/ turn signal conversion kit from Harley. That kit turns road kings with a Center taillight and signals, into all lights acting as brake lights and running lights. But the signals still work. This might do it?!?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I hate to suggest this but why not just sell your bike and buy one "in the states" and ride home.

Might be a lot more fun than what you have going on for 8 months?
Not to mention that we are going to have some really really good deals and low prices for some used bikes, sadly some people are going to need the money.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I hate to suggest this but why not just sell your bike and buy one "in the states" and ride home.

Might be a lot more fun than what you have going on for 8 months?
Not to mention that we are going to have some really really good deals and low prices for some used bikes, sadly some people are going to need the money.
Ya, I’m not sure about buying a bike because of a taillight. But I will keep an eye out for deals on 2020’s!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Well, it took a while. But it’s all sorted out. All thanks to custom dynamics tribar light and their smart triple play connector for road kings. I used the US Custom dynamics tribar on the US fender I had and everything worked. Except the signals lights wouldn’t work as brake lights. So I did some more research and found what people do on road kings to make all their lights act as brake lights. They use the custom dynamics triple play connection. I just installed it, and everything works perfect! Thanks, everyone, for the help over the past while with this. It’s a great forum we have here with a lot of knowledgeable people.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You deleted the tribar / mullet? Did you use a custom dynamics connector for this ? How did you connect the lights to the rear wire to the harness line ?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts