Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm just curious to find out what I need to convert my UK spec turn signals only, into the US spec turn signals/running lights. Am I right in thinking that all I need is US spec lights with 3 wires (HDI models only have 2 cos there's no running light function) and plug them into the main harness (hoping its wired in there for the running light function). The reason I would like this function is so I can fit the CD bullet ringz. If I fit them to HDI spec lights the white halo LED's will not go out when press the turn signals. If I convert to US spec its plug and play!!

Does any one have set of turn signals they no longer need, as the HD mothership has banned US dealers from selling to the UK market and we here cannot order anything from our dealers with a Domestic part number?????

·
Registered
927 Posts
What year? Do you have a UK HD repair manual? I'm sure someone here can send you a scan of the US HD wiring diagram to compare. Or maybe pics to be able to compare.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Shimaze, would that be the parts diagram to fit the 2016 Roadglide? However, I can't order parts from the USA as HD has stopped allowing dealers to sell parts to us AND we can't order parts over here with DOMESTIC part numbers!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi all, I'm just curious to find out what I need to convert my UK spec turn signals only, into the US spec turn signals/running lights. Am I right in thinking that all I need is US spec lights with 3 wires (HDI models only have 2 cos there's no running light function) and plug them into the main harness (hoping its wired in there for the running light function). The reason I would like this function is so I can fit the CD bullet ringz. If I fit them to HDI spec lights the white halo LED's will not go out when press the turn signals. If I convert to US spec its plug and play!!

Does any one have set of turn signals they no longer need, as the HD mothership has banned US dealers from selling to the UK market and we here cannot order anything from our dealers with a Domestic part number?????
Hi RED,
Harley are full of bullshit when it comes to selling outside of the States.
Not every dealer there abides by this rule and if you can get a friendly on they will send the parts off to you but they are expensive.
I have done exactly that conversion on my RGS.
It depends how anal you are as to how simple (and cheap) you want the conversion to be.
The three wires you need for the CD dynamic rings are already terminated at the fairing connector.
For the international market there are only two wires brought down to the bulb fitting.
All I did was add the third wire to the fairing connector and remove the bayonet holder and solder the CD ring to the three.
Once it's all back together you dont see a thing.
By the way I am in Uppermill at the moment on business.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just plain stupid!

I think Slimboybinz has the best idea. You may also be able to order the sockets for the rear turn signals from a Street Glide that only has the bullets as both run/brake/turn functions. I am amazed that your local dealer can tell the difference between a UK & US part number. People have ordered non-US GM parts for years from their local dealers. It could be done so long as the buyer had the part number. The dealer was clueless as to what part was being ordered. Harley acts like it is a matter of US national security!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks Shimaze, would that be the parts diagram to fit the 2016 Roadglide? However, I can't order parts from the USA as HD has stopped allowing dealers to sell parts to us AND we can't order parts over here with DOMESTIC part numbers!!!
I have a set of chrome turn signals from a 2017 mint condition with wires and stock connectors $100 plus shipping?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Slimboybinz has the best idea. You may also be able to order the sockets for the rear turn signals from a Street Glide that only has the bullets as both run/brake/turn functions. I am amazed that your local dealer can tell the difference between a UK & US part number. People have ordered non-US GM parts for years from their local dealers. It could be done so long as the buyer had the part number. The dealer was clueless as to what part was being ordered. Harley acts like it is a matter of US national security!
Hi Shimaze, 95% of the parts are interchangeable, the ones that aren't have different numbers, and as soon as you input the DOM numbers in the computer it comes up "parts unavailable for HDI"

I have a set of chrome turn signals from a 2017 mint condition with wires and stock connectors $100 plus shipping?
PM sent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts