Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have been USAA customers for a combined 64 years; car, house, life, cycle.

We were never at fault for an accident.

We only made one house claim for a small roof leak.

All premiums always paid on time.

Here is how they lost our business:

1. When I sold a bike -- but did not immediately add a new bike -- they dropped my mc insurance and sent me to Progressive - much higher rate -- we are now at Foremost.

2. For the last 3 years our car premiums have increased. My wife called to ask why. The response: "We have not been making enough money in Virginia so we need to increase premiums."

Once again, if you work hard and are ethical you will get screwed. DOOF

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
when i bought my first bike back in 02, i thought i would go with usaa. well, they wanted $600 for 6 month policy. for a sportster 883! ended up going with progressive through hd, $125 for the year. been with them ever since. though must admit, with having 2 road glides, the rate has gone up a little since then :D

still have my cars insured through them though. haven't found anyone who can touch them. maybe your va brethren need to learn to drive better, lol....

funny thing is, i bought my original sportster back. when i added it as the third bike on my policy, my annual rate dropped about $100. i figure if i add 9 more bikes, they'll be paying me :D

·
Registered
955 Posts
I've been with USAA for 37 years and they'll be my last insurance co. Have my house and 2 cars insured with them, as well as all of my investments. Bummed that they don't offer bike insurance anymore in Texas. But Progressive has been ok, I just renewed my 2 bike full coverage policy for 816 including the disappearing deductible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
USAA did the same thing to me, I asked why my premiums went up and they told me because there was too many claims in Texas. I've never had a claim and I get punished? I have my bike ins with Geico.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I have HomeOwners brokered with USAA since they do not write in FL any longer. I called about the Auto Insurance and they were DOUBLE what State Farm is. I was shocked considering Allstate is offering auto rates lower than State Farm right now. Seems Teaser rates to buy the business is common practice today ~ then a year later you can watch your rates increase 30%. Frustrating.....

·
Registered
498 Posts
USAA is just not the company they once were. I was a loyal customer for 20+ years; now just have my checking account with them only. Now I'm with Allstate for insurance and who ever has the lowest rate for a loan. I don't even call/check USAA anymore because they can't complete anymore.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Its all about profit margins... Most insurance companies, at the corporate exec level, are more interested in making money than providing a service. They make decisions based on their bonuses and shareholder pressure not on the best interest of customers. Its a free market and so called regulations are easily managed by dlicing snd diving statistics in creative ways to reflect whatever they desire. A bit of tort reform might help ease some of the pains as well. Me and the Gecko have been friends for 10 years and i havent been screwed by him.......yet...:cool:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I thought you still had to be military or a family member to get insurance through USAA. Banking and investment services can be pretty much anyone though.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Had them for 30 Years..and as others have stated...when they relaxed the ability to no longer be in the Military....Your the Great Grandson of Machine Gun Murphy...Ok...Your Good & so on they along with that concept started letting in ...."should I say people who file more claims & take less responsibility for their actions" They lost my business for several other reasons as well...ie..selling off my home loan to U.S. bank...& other business practices I don't approve of. They have slipped...to say the least...they are looking to produce for investors like all the other giants....more concerned about the mighty buck than service these days...

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
An eloquent and succinct characterization, my compliments ! DOOF

Had them for 30 Years..and as others have stated...when they relaxed the ability to no longer be in the Military....Your the Great Grandson of Machine Gun Murphy...Ok...Your Good & so on they along with that concept started letting in ...."should I say people who file more claims & take less responsibility for their actions" They lost my business for several other reasons as well...ie..selling off my home loan to U.S. bank...& other business practices I don't approve of. They have slipped...to say the least...they are looking to produce for investors like all the other giants....more concerned about the mighty buck than service these days...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts