Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heys guys just wanted to share me experience and provide some insight to anyone looking at purchasing a 6.5 speaker system for the fairing from Yaffe. I bought the setup straight from Yaffe at bike week; 6.5 rockford Fosgates and Dragon Fly 6.5 adapters, all bundled in one package.

I get home from bike week and begin the install. First off, the adapter came with instructions that were photo copies of photo copies and they were completely unreadable. I was able to see enough to determine that they were instructions for a batwing fairing though:confused: I'm not a pro mechanic but im not too shabby with a wrench, I've built several bikes. I flipped these stupid adapters every which way and after alot of frustration I came to the conclusion that they were not going to fit without modifications. Sucky! So I drilled some holes and mounted the adapters in the only position that space would allow.

A week or so later I go to put the fairing back on and guess what? It was hitting the magnets on the speakers and wouldnt fit:mad:

I ripped the whole damn setup out and ordered a sytem from Jm

Now Im not saying that someone with some skills couldnt make the Yaffe setup work but be prepared to bust out your dremel tool and drill bits. To me it wasnt worth the agrivation. Rant over, if you buy em dont say I didnt warn you:D

·
Registered
148 Posts
You're right...Dragonfly adapters SUCK!

You're right!
  • You need cut some fins out of the adapters
  • You need to drill bigger holes in the adapters to be able to even come close to lining up the holes to the speakers
  • The adapters aren't really big enough around to fit a true 6.5 speaker inside without impeding the speaker's ability to move in and out. (The foam/rubber material on the outer-portion of the speakers rubs the insides of the adapters...NOT good!)
I'm in the middle of trying to find some that actually work as advertised...I got caught up in all the hype...Dragonfly's SUCK! :mad:

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I run throttle up industries with no problems...
+1........Instructions very clear. Simple & straight forward. 6,5's & all mouinting wholes lined up perfect. $40.00 on e-bay.......Definatly recomend especially from what I've heard of Dragonfly.........

·
Registered
451 Posts
I ordered Throttle Up adapters, they arrived after a week, but they were for a batwing, TU were great, told me to keep them or sell to a buddy, and shipped the right ones no extra charges. Unfortunately, USPS mailed them to New York and I am in Western Canada....go figure! Can't win sometimes.
So this has been well over 3 weeks and still no adapters.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I ordered Throttle Up adapters, they arrived after a week, but they were for a batwing, TU were great, told me to keep them or sell to a buddy, and shipped the right ones no extra charges. Unfortunately, USPS mailed them to New York and I am in Western Canada....go figure! Can't win sometimes.
So this has been well over 3 weeks and still no adapters.
Wow.........I had mine in 3 days...........Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts