Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a well know HD dealership this morning. They seemed to have a fair number of used bikes on the floor.
One caught my eye. Turned out it was a 2019 RGU with 13,000 miles and factory parts. $30,700 plus other charges ???
I did not ask. What other charges.

·
Super Moderator
12,986 Posts
I’ve seen a lot of ridiculous prices lately. I guess as long as someone is paying they will stay that way.

Reactions: Oclaf and DanHappy

·
Registered
7,727 Posts
I wonder what they are charging for a new RGU 😁.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was in a well know HD dealership this morning. They seemed to have a fair number of used bikes on the floor.
One caught my eye. Turned out it was a 2019 RGU with 13,000 miles and factory parts. $30,700 plus other charges ???
I paid msrp for mine when I got it in July. Less than that. Someone trying to rape someone dry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
Every one expects HD dealers to be at the upper end with pricing so they are. It helps them get your trade in where they can make good money. You can't shop a used bike they are all different, and you have no idea of what they have in it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Yeah I was looking at used CVO pricing as I do once and a while and there getting/asking 38-40K for 18's with 20-30k miles on them.. I know CVO's hold there value but Holy Shit!!!!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
That's crazy. I was int market for a new car a year ago in November. So glad I found a decent deal when I did. A few months later is when the used market went nuts.

I hear used cars are moving like real-estate. Don't sleep on it or it'll be gone.

I know another local hd dealer is buying bikes off the street to keep inventory on their floor since the MoCo is limiting production.

So it's not just bikes and hd. Cars are crazy too.

·
Premium Member
'16 Road Glide Ultra, 110" Tire Shredder, V&H Power Duals w/ Hi-Outputs, For now.
19 Posts
I had been looking on ChopperExchange for a bike since this past Spring. Some of the asking prices for bikes with LOTS of miles on them was unreal. I'm talking $25,000-$30,000 for bikes with 50,000 miles or more on them. But deals are out there on lightly used bikes. Even at some dealers. Granted I had my search narrowed to '15-'16, but still.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
That's crazy. I was int market for a new car a year ago in November. So glad I found a decent deal when I did. A few months later is when the used market went nuts.

I hear used cars are moving like real-estate. Don't sleep on it or it'll be gone.

I know another local hd dealer is buying bikes off the street to keep inventory on their floor since the MoCo is limiting production.

So it's not just bikes and hd. Cars are crazy too.
Yeah that is nuts. This past May I got 7k less than sticker (which I didn't pay) when I got it two years prior on a '19 Ram Laramie. It was a lease so I jumped all over that offer and bought a new one.

·
Registered
6,260 Posts
Now you know why I was considering cashing out of my Road Glide.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Like my Ford Edge AWD. I get calls emails from dealer wanting to buy it out right for what appears as good money. But to replace it is not such a good deal. I suppose if you get lucky get in get out you can end up ahead but just not worth it to me with Bikes or my cars. I can wait for it all to settle down in a few years.
Dealer has been trying to get my 2020 RGL from the day I purchased it. From what I see it is my last new HD. I did not want the 2021 ECM.. I can do anything I want with my 2020 with the centurion .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts