Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
'11 Road Glide Ultra
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a RG, I want 2017 or newer and am struggling with this used bike market. I can't believe what people are asking for used bikes. I know, I know, Covid right? Shortage of new bikes etc...

Seriously, who is over paying for all these bikes? 2016's for $22K with >20K miles.... WTF.

I'm mostly just pissed because I know as soon as I buy the prices will fall like a rock....story of my life.

I guess I should stop my bitch'n... I'm letting the price ruin the experience. My ass will eventually heal.

<Get's off soap box>

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Production cuts. Along with other market issues has caused a big increase in used prices. Not just Motorcycles.
Nov 21 2020 I totaled a very well used 2017 RGU. 40,400 miles and it had been ridden a few winters . The with damages were clear. With no hassle at all Settled quickly with insurance for $3,800 less than I paid new .
Reason was the price increases were already showing up. I wanted another 2017 for easy of mounting the sided car . None to be had at a reasonable price.
End up buying a New 2020 RGL with RDRS and premium paint . the same day as the crash.

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
Here's a 2018 for 29,500. Lol. They offered me more than I paid for mine.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I would think that used bike prices should be coming back into check as Winter is here shortly plus every dealer I have been to in Illinois and Wisconsin do not seem to be hurting for used bikes. But then again I am no expert. I know when I was just shopping my 2019 RGU around as a trade to 2 dealers I was offered 24K and 20.5K for it. I'm going to guess they would have put it up for sale for around 28K. Either way neither dealer seemed interested in making a deal, oh well.

·
Registered
2021 RGS Billiard Red / Vivid Black
77 Posts
I know the feeling. I was shopping for a used RGS but ended up buying new for less than what the used market was asking. Kind of crazy!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm sure that $499 reconditioning fee was new tires, new brakes, all fluids changed, all cables lubed, brake fluid flush, new spark plugs, and a detailing. :LOL:
:LOL: they probably washed it with H-D labeled cleaners and then used a hog blaster to dry it. Well if it was my local H-D shop anyway. I know there are good reputable dealers out there , but some just Suck.

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
I'm sure that $499 reconditioning fee was new tires, new brakes, all fluids changed, all cables lubed, brake fluid flush, new spark plugs, and a detailing.
I know on 08zinc bike. They put 2 new tires a new battery and a full service. Was told it came out to about $1500.00

That $499 reconditioning fee. It's likely not a damn thing other that a wash job.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
That $499 reconditioning fee. It's likely not a damn thing other that a wash job.
Agree! There are dealers here that won't even wash a bike before putting it on the floor, but they will tell you they have done all sorts of work to the bike.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I want a newer bike, every dealer around here (SoCal) has huge ads, pay top $$ for your trade. I went to 5 different dealers, none would come close to book as they said bike was to old , 2011 RG CVO,to many miles (38k). Listed it local, not one call for a month, finally 1 guy called, he and a couple of his friends looked at it and couldn’t believe what I had to offer. Paid cash on the spot, nice guy who appreciated a great deal, we will ride soon as I find my newer one.
Yes, out here the prices are high, however I have found 2 dealers who will offer a discount below MSRP. Personally, I like to buy used, looking for a 2020. Seems lots of them available to the east for a better price, just a long ride home. Weather is changing, and seems HD dealers out here are finally getting lots of stock, prices should be better for us “buyers” soon!

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,047 Posts
Insist that they list all recent work on a work order or on the bill of sale so that you have something other than "he told me that ..." if you should have a failure of something that was supposedly just replaced/adjusted. If it's not in writing, it doesn't exist.

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
584 Posts
Here's a 2018 for 29,500. Lol. They offered me more than I paid for mine.

Love the 499.reconditioning charge tell them you’ll buy it if they give you an esp. at no cost it’s just paper to them dollars to us.Traded my wife’s 2017 RGS with 17500 on the OD back in April gave us 23000 trade toward a 21 Bronze Armor CVO RG Next best price was like 18 ish so with her new trade did buy the esp and all were happy. I would caution to make sure we all have our financials in order something is coming get your cc paid down and non home loans brought in line before big needless purchases.Heard last week Chase sent A memo to share holders and customers they were calling lines of credit and requiring cc customers to bing balances in line. Buckle Up

1 - 20 of 46 Posts