Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2021 roadglide cvo, black hole.
142 Posts
Supply and demand, used bikes are selling for well above what there worth. A good time to sell a used bike bad time to buy one. Crazy times

·
Registered
‘04 Softail Standard, Hillside 98” BB, Andrews 37 cams, Progressive shocks and mono tubes
5 Posts
I’m new to the Forum and just putting my toes in the market for a used RG. Prices seem high, but investigation shows they are high, they are market correct.
I just looked at one at the Sturgis Indian dealership. Oooof. That bike had led a VERY hard 15,000 miles.
Kicked to bottom of list.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
maybe? It a say six months that you could not sell your bike for close to half? What happened?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was looking at 2019 & 2020 CVOs where the seller/dealer wanted more than the MSRP on a ‘21. New seems to be the best deal out there at the moment.

·
Registered
39 Posts
For some reason, used ones at the dealer are more $$. SoCal dealer will sell new at MSRP plus tax, cheaper than the used ones they had. They had 3 RGS, 18, 19, and a 20, all more than the three 21’s on the floor. Thing's seem to be looking better for buyers as more new, and used bikes are available. Where are the 22’s!?!

·
Registered
'11 Road Glide Ultra
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I am looking at a 2011 RG Ultra, it's local to me. It's a custom painted bike and I like the way it looks, has some nice upgrades like wheels, pipes and a tour pack and it has 10K miles. Has ABS which is a must have for me. They want $14K for it, assuming I can get them to knock some off that.

First off, I am one of those guys who over analyze the crap out of everything. I usually piss myself off and have to walk away for a while to get my head back on straight. After reading for months, I talked myself into "needing" a rushmore or later bike, and probably "should have" an M8. Why, heck the internet says I should! 😵

I really like the look of the bike, but I am concerned about it being a 2011. I don't care about the info center, I use my phone and an intercom for music and maps. I'm wondering about the ride quality, and how it handles and stops. I already know it looks good to me. I do weekend rides, no cross country or crazy riding. Want me and the ole lady to cruise in style and comfort. It's hard to get a ride on an older bike and a newer bike at the same time to see for yourself. My buddy has an 06, should I use that as a reference?

Any reason I should stick to looking at newer bikes, even though they are a LOT more money? Are there massive changes to the ride and safety in newer bikes worth another $7-10K ?(2015 and newer).
Am I gonna be stuck with it forever because I won't be able to sell it down the road when I win the lottery?

Thanks for your help.

Confused in San Diego.......

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am looking at a 2011 RG Ultra, it's local to me. It's a custom painted bike and I like the way it looks, has some nice upgrades like wheels, pipes and a tour pack and it has 10K miles. Has ABS which is a must have for me. They want $14K for it, assuming I can get them to knock some off that.

First off, I am one of those guys who over analyze the crap out of everything. I usually piss myself off and have to walk away for a while to get my head back on straight. After reading for months, I talked myself into "needing" a rushmore or later bike, and probably "should have" an M8. Why, heck the internet says I should! 😵

I really like the look of the bike, but I am concerned about it being a 2011. I don't care about the info center, I use my phone and an intercom for music and maps. I'm wondering about the ride quality, and how it handles and stops. I already know it looks good to me. I do weekend rides, no cross country or crazy riding. Want me and the ole lady to cruise in style and comfort. It's hard to get a ride on an older bike and a newer bike at the same time to see for yourself. My buddy has an 06, should I use that as a reference?

Any reason I should stick to looking at newer bikes, even though they are a LOT more money? Are there massive changes to the ride and safety in newer bikes worth another $7-10K ?(2015 and newer).
Am I gonna be stuck with it forever because I won't be able to sell it down the road when I win the lottery?

Thanks for your help.

If the price is right to you then go ahead and buy it. For a 10 year old bike it was hardly ridden. Save your money and do the suspension, seat and bars to make it ride smooth like the newer bikes. You will still be way under than what you would spend on a new bike and lets face it, even buying new you are going to want to changed the seat and bars anyways. The bike's custom paint job appeals to you and you like it visually so that's all that matters at this point. We all overthink the simple choices at times. Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
We should have met a week ago! Just sold a 2011 CVO, new lifters and tensioners, all the goodies, 100 miles away! Sounds like the 2011 will work for what you can afford, they are great bikes!! It will be about the look you want, my old bike had as much or more power than most of the new ones the guys have I ride with, they are touring bikes, not race bikes. Get the bluetooth adapter for the radio, you are good to go, you like the paint, go for it! And yes, it will be harder to sell than the M8.

·
Registered
2021 RGS Billiard Red / Vivid Black
83 Posts

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure how much help I can be. As I was shopping for my first bagger I realized if I'm going to keep it for a long time i wanted to have the m8 motor with the 114. I really liked the rdrs system for peace of mind as well, so that led me to 19 and newer RGS models. The pricing for used around where I am in GA was such that I ended up getting one brand new for less than the used market was asking. Especially here where upon registering a vehicle you pay 6.2 % for ad valorum tax.
2021 RGS two tone blacked out 114, and rdrs was like 26.3 before TTL

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
What's wrong with nudes?

Of him NO and I agree!

Female is another story.... lol

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,375 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. That’s a good looking bike.

Reactions: Tire_Fryer
21 - 40 of 49 Posts