Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After changing out my complete exhaust system on my 2009 FLTRI I now have a set of used Vance and Hines #16751 slip-on mufflers for sale. They are in great shape and I haven't spotted any blemishs in the chrome, they have been modified for a deeper sound since they we're a little too quite for me when I first installed them. They are made for 2009 and up but will fit the earlier models also, the difference being a large indent on the inside of the muffler body for the axle. They retail fo $398.87 and I will sell them for $200.00 shipped to the lower 48 states. I can supply photo's once I get my wife to take some decent pic's or you can google the image by the part number I supplied above.....
Thanks for looking!!!!!

SOLD pending payment!!!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
slip ons

are these ovals or round, and you said modified, can you tell me more about he sound? dont' want something too loud that wakes the neighbors at 630am, and how is the sound at cruising speed?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are these ovals or round, and you said modified, can you tell me more about he sound? dont' want something too loud that wakes the neighbors at 630am, and how is the sound at cruising speed?
These are round with slash cut tips, they we're really quiet but louder then stock. So I removed some of the fiberglass packing and modified the baffle to help create a little back-pressure and to eliminate decel popping found in most aftermarket mufflers. They really sound good and most people who hear them and have the same on theirs want to know what I did. I live in a private community with a strick HOA and I leave for work at 6:30 am M-F and no one complains about my bike. It has a very mellow sound at cruising speed with enables me to hear my radio.....
Thanks for the inquiry

·
Registered
184 Posts
thanks, i am thinkin i should jump on it. will be a bit before i can do a complete stage 1 anyway. let me think a bit, wifey says no money spendin on it since i just got it new...
but dam these honda sounding pipes gotta go.. hopefully you will have them when i decide (which i know i will) i want to get them... thanks.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, i am thinkin i should jump on it. will be a bit before i can do a complete stage 1 anyway. let me think a bit, wifey says no money spendin on it since i just got it new...
but dam these honda sounding pipes gotta go.. hopefully you will have them when i decide (which i know i will) i want to get them... thanks.
Not a problem brother, I understand the money thing all too well. I saved up some money and bought my exhaust system from a forum member on here as well. If I can help you out in anyway just let me know......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pics

Can you please send me some pics of your slip ons and explain to me what I would need to do to make these fit an 08 glide? Thanks

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will try to get my wife to take some good pic's for you this weekend and post them up or you could check them out on V&H website. As far them working on your 08, all you have to do is remove your exisiting mufflers, remove your clamps or you can buy new ones and install the new ones. It's a very easy job and with some basic hand tools might take you 30 minutes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts