Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy is getting a new set of handlebars for his 2010 RG, He is getting rid of a nice set of 12" yaffee apes with nice grips and mirrors. He said I can have his old stuff because he is replacing everything. I know my 2007 RG has a throttle cable and his does not. I would really like to be able to use as much of his stuff as possible to avoid having to spend more money. Will his clutch and brakes lines from a 2010 work on my 2007? and does anyone know if his wire connectors will plug up to mine?
Any advice is much appreciated.
Thanks,

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I do believe that the wiring connectors changed from '07 and again but maybe it was '06. Also note that your left side controls have the PTT and his '10 does not. Check with Ronnie's HD site and check part numbers to be certain.

I can't say for certain on the clutch line and brake hose (I know the newer calipers have metric banjo bolts though)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
22 Posts
I installed a set of 2010 controls on my '07 last winter, when I converted my Road King. I needed to change the lower right hand switch housing to accomodate the cable throttle. I had previously swapped the master cylinder and clutch perch out for the 08 and newer style. Are you also getting the clutch perch and master cylinder in the package? With the 12" apes, you'll probably need to change to a longer clutch cable and brake lines anyway, at least I did when I changed from heritage bars to 12" Monkey Bars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts