Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine my disappointment when my new 2018 RGS had it's big sucker ac and pipes installed and when I went to tune my FP3 there were no maps to download. That is right the 2018 models have a unique firmware different from the M8 2017 models. I called V&H and was told that he maps should be ready in a week or so. Back to stock with slip-on TBR and it runs fine but I swear the stock exhaust is pretty close to the same sound. Looking at adding the big sucker and V&H true duals when the maps show up.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Imagine my disappointment when my new 2018 RGS had it's big sucker ac and pipes installed and when I went to tune my FP3 there were no maps to download. That is right the 2018 models have a unique firmware different from the M8 2017 models. I called V&H and was told that he maps should be ready in a week or so. Back to stock with slip-on TBR and it runs fine but I swear the stock exhaust is pretty close to the same sound. Looking at adding the big sucker and V&H true duals when the maps show up.
Not surprised - Takes all the Add On Mfgs a month or so at least to get their stuff out when new models emerge

·
Registered
1 Posts
i also bought a 2018 tri glide called V&H they told me next week the maps would be ready

·
Registered
59 Posts
Can?t believe this... just bought a 2k setup and installed everything. FP3, power duals, hi outputs, screaming eagle ac. I need a map!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
2018 maps was released at 2pm EST today. Got the bike flashed but think I have an air leak. I can hear the gears shifting from the front. Them is a hmmm. I used a gasket that I had from my 16 dresser duals. The bike idles hard and cuts out. I hear a knocking also. Think I?ll take it in tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
quick question, does the bike run well enough with the stock (HD)map? if so can't you just run a quick auto-tune session off of the stock tune, then flash and continue to auto tune until you reach the desired state of tune?

·
Registered
59 Posts
It ran worst on stock... there is some type of yellow liquid coming out of the rear exhaust. That exhaust is way hotter than the front. Not sure if I should just buy new stock gasket rings or just take it in? Hey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts