Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
It does work as advertised. My buddy has a 2009 Street Glide and he could feel difference between my road glide with the throttlepack and his bike without one.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
'Put one on the '09 SERG and noticed a significant improvement.
Good bang for the $ Would recommend to a friend

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
So we recommend this in our shop.. for people that are getting a open air and pipes. this is all that is needed, it is not as dialed in as it could be but it is damn close.. Going to get one of our bikes on a dyno on Saturday and check it out and see the difference between that and one that is tuned with a power vision..

·
Registered
121 Posts
So let me ask a stupid question.. I have the stock pipes on with 4" rinehart slip ons right now.. I would love it to be louder, but the dealer said I would void the warranty if I threw pipes on.
So if I throw this tuner on , does that mean I dont have to do the Dyno tune? ( since that is outrageous for what they want to do it ) and can you uninstall the download if say I had to take the bike in for some warranty work, and wanted to put the stock pipes on and not have them see I did the adjustments.... I know on the tuner on my dodge truck I can uninstall at any time.. Thanks !!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I put Python Momba full headers on mine and all it needed was the stage1 upload and stage1 A/C. had another dealership tell me it would have to be race turned. Everything is under warrenty thats why I had them do it when I bought it.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
So let me ask a stupid question.. I have the stock pipes on with 4" rinehart slip ons right now.. I would love it to be louder, but the dealer said I would void the warranty if I threw pipes on.
So if I throw this tuner on , does that mean I dont have to do the Dyno tune? ( since that is outrageous for what they want to do it ) and can you uninstall the download if say I had to take the bike in for some warranty work, and wanted to put the stock pipes on and not have them see I did the adjustments.... I know on the tuner on my dodge truck I can uninstall at any time.. Thanks !!
First it does not void your warranty (dont let them strong arm ya) unless the work preformed damages the bike then it will not be covered but warranty will cover the other items still.

Loudness you can go with decatted headpipes as well that will increase the sound as well as monster baffles.

The Vance and hines throttle pack you can take it off but it is a pain to remove it and readd it over and over if thats what you want to do. You would be better off going with a PV or a autotuner from fuel moto.

Again no need to remove it..

hope this helps

·
Registered
161 Posts
I haven't been happy with the throttle response on my RG, just didn't 'snap' open like my 04 road king. i put one of these throttle paks on today and it's like i'm riding a different bike. ridiculous hat the bike wasn't built with good response, but i'm glad it's fixed up now

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
It worked great and took the delay out of the throttle response. When I got my SERT it became unnecessary since that same thing can be accomplished with the tuner so I sold it.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
So we recommend this in our shop.. for people that are getting a open air and pipes. this is all that is needed, it is not as dialed in as it could be but it is damn close.. Going to get one of our bikes on a dyno on Saturday and check it out and see the difference between that and one that is tuned with a power vision..
Does the throttle pac do anything better/worse than the Stage one down load ?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Throttlepak NOT a tuner

Am I confused or is someone else?
I thought the Throttlepak was just for improving throttle response and the Fuelpak was a tuner, required if changing stock intake and exaust on fuel injected motorcycles.

HSP

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
So basically all this does is assist in tbw current transfer ? Has NO affect on air nor fuel ?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts