Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

2015 RG, having some slow starts and occasionally i get the V INERR code on the odometer. I've been struggling with this for a while and I bought a new battery in 2017, which worked for a while but now I'm having the same issue. I do use a battery tender and I remove and charge the battery during the winter months. Some things I have considered:

-Buy a new Lithium battery
-slow starts due to colder temps?
-20 min ride to and from work isn't enough to charge the battery?
-must be a draw somewhere? (but no electrical accessories added)

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Hello all,

2015 RG, having some slow starts and occasionally i get the V INERR code on the odometer. I've been struggling with this for a while and I bought a new battery in 2017, which worked for a while but now I'm having the same issue. I do use a battery tender and I remove and charge the battery during the winter months. Some things I have considered:

-Buy a new Lithium battery
-slow starts due to colder temps?
-20 min ride to and from work isn't enough to charge the battery?
-must be a draw somewhere? (but no electrical accessories added)

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
If your battery tender is bad then it could ruin a new battery. I would not buy the Li battery as they are not worth the money on IMO. You can't just leave them on a tender like the standard battery. Some like them but I don't see the real benefit.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Iam with Ken on the value of a Lithium battery. Lead acid batteries can be bought for $100 delivered to your doorstep and last 5 yrs.
If it was me, I would purchase a volt meter and first check your charging voltage and if that c
hecks out, then pull the positive lead off the battery and check for a voltage draw while the bike is shutoff.
2 yrs on a new battery doesn't sound right, unless your luck is like mine, and you got a bad battery.

Good luck

**edited to add**
If you search for VINERR on this site, you'll see what that means. I went thru that last yr with mine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts