Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where I saw the thread but the discussion was about a kit to quiet the valve train/rocker arms due to sloppy tolerances. If I remember correctly the kit contained some brass bushings that tightened up the rocker arm shafts and protected them from push rod damage(?) anyone have a clue about this? I'm getting tired of listening to my topend on my '13 ultra and in the words of Ned Stark, "Winter is coming!" need a project.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rocker locker

Envoyé de mon GT-P5113 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
520 Posts
Just had my lifters upgraded and the Rocker Lockers installed, and WOW, what a difference! I am shocked at how refined my engine is now. Went ahead and did the upgraded cam plate and high flow oil pump too. Wish I had done this years ago.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Proper lifter pre-load, via an adjustable pushrod, to maintain proper lifter load at full thermal expansion, along with a good quality lifter, will cure about 7/8 of most valvetrain-related noises, in these engines.
Scott

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
The Rocker Lockers do indeed reduce the noise, but only from one of the sources, there are a few left.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Not to hijack your thread but I have an 04 with a stock 88ci with a lot of valve train noise. Which adjustable pushrods do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
10,470 Posts
Not to hijack your thread but I have an 04 with a stock 88ci with a lot of valve train noise. Which adjustable pushrods do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anytime you need aftermarket engine components , S&S is the first choice , haven't let me down in 45 years ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Roller Bearing Rocker Arms

If you are having issues with Rocker Arms, I recommend looking at the Roller Bearing Rocker Arms. This is a $469 option from Harley that eliminates some of that top end noise, especially if you have high lift cams. It takes most of the lateral pressure component out that the push rod gets from the standard rocker arm, so it helps reduce wear. It also purports to make acceleration smoother. Keep in mind that these have an additional 4mm of height in the rocker arm, so if you have a fixed push rod, you will not get the valves to close all the way, so no compression. Make sure you get the correct adjustments on new adjustable pushrods. There is a beefier Screamin' Eagle version that I would highly recommend. I am not a seller; I just got these installed on my SE120R w/SE266 cams. Still in the shop, so no actual experience yet.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
While a roller tip rocker arm can help in high-lift applications via helping to reduce the side-loading of the valve stem, thay can however, actually create more noise with their additional moving parts.
This is learned information.
Scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts