Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey has anyone heard anything good bad or ugly about Vance and Hines fuel pack?

·
Registered
143 Posts
My past experience with Fuel Pack

I had it on my 04' EG. I had installed V&H True Duals and Python mufflers. We never could get the back lash adjusted out with the Fuel Pak so I switched it out to a Power Commander. I guess my biggest issue with the Fuel Pack was that V&H was not very forth coming with information for my mechanic (not an authorized Harley dealer) and it is just a series of pot switches. It could have just been the combination of components I was using but V&H insisted that we had the proper setup even though it was giving us some serious backlash when you lifted the thottle. The PC is what my mechanic prefers. He is more familiar with it and it is easier for him to tweek if needed. He told me that when he has issues he can call the factory and they always make good suggestions for set up for the combinations that he runs into. Once we put it on the bike and tweeked it in the problem went away.

PC cost more but will give you more flexibility and the Mfr. is more supportive after the install.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I started off with the Techlusion fuel pack, it failed on me 9 months after it was installed. Then I had the Fuel pak and wasnt happy with it, never could get it adjusted right. Now I have the Power Commander V with Auto tune and I couldnt be happier

·
Registered
521 Posts
You don't hear alot of good things about them. I have one right now on my '10 RGC. I bought it off Ebay for less than 1/2 price so I figured I'd give it a try. My bike seems to run smoother, less engine noise????, my right foot does not get as hot, and I have no popping on decel. I've contacted V&H 3 times for tweaking and had good customer service. I'm running a Nightstick with 4 additional discs and an Ness big sucker. My idiot dealer says I have 66 hp but that's about what they are stock so I can't believe that's true. If I had to pay full price for one I'd spend a little more and get a PCV for Fuelmoto with a pre-installed map.

W

·
0 Posts
I am having one installed on my 2010 RGC this week for a delivery next week. I have the following:

Vance & Hines
Power Duals
Monster Ovals
FuelPak
Performance Machine High V intake

I'll post when I ride the bike for the first time.

FYI: Having spoken to two techs at V & H, they have assured me that the mapping is spot on for the new header/pipe and engine setup.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have had it on my 08 RG and it works great . I put it on when I installed my slip ons (V&H) and it worked great
I bought the true duals a year later and reinstalled the slip-ons did a remap in 5 minutes (it was differant) and she runs great
The only reel differance with this little jewel and power comander and others is that its is alot less bucks and Vance and hines has done all the dyno work for you
IF and I say if you were doing cams and real performance heads etc you need to go to a real remaping product for the air flow and fuel changes you need to support the bucks your putting in to the engine

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 08 Ann. RG and as u can see on my signature i have V&C from front to back and it runs great, Have lots more power and get around 45 mpg. I have no complaints at all, love the extra power that comes with this set up.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a Fuel Pak on my 2009 Ultra Classic with a Roland Sands air cleaner kit, V&H Power Dual's and Rinehart slip-ons with Paul Yaffe tips and it runs perfect.

I had the RSD Tracker slip-ons on the bike with the same step originally but it had trouble (gagging) pulling hills two up at Sturgis last year and I couldn't keep chrome on the Tracker tips.

Therefore the secret must be in the Paul Yaffe tips! :cool:

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I'm not a fan of the fuel pack for most of the reasons others have given. The absolute best tuner is the TTS MasterTune. You can tweak just about anything using your laptop. Steve puts new updates and downloads on the web site several times a week. It's worth the money.

S

·
0 Posts
V-H fulepak

Could you tell me what fuelpak you had. I just orderd one for a 2009 Road Glide. I will let you know what happens. Short of the throtal backlash how did it run after it was installed.
I had it on my 04' EG. I had installed V&H True Duals and Python mufflers. We never could get the back lash adjusted out with the Fuel Pak so I switched it out to a Power Commander. I guess my biggest issue with the Fuel Pack was that V&H was not very forth coming with information for my mechanic (not an authorized Harley dealer) and it is just a series of pot switches. It could have just been the combination of components I was using but V&H insisted that we had the proper setup even though it was giving us some serious backlash when you lifted the thottle. The PC is what my mechanic prefers. He is more familiar with it and it is easier for him to tweek if needed. He told me that when he has issues he can call the factory and they always make good suggestions for set up for the combinations that he runs into. Once we put it on the bike and tweeked it in the problem went away.

PC cost more but will give you more flexibility and the Mfr. is more supportive after the install.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Steve - I have an 09 and the V&H FuelPak works well with my bike, no problems what-so-ever! Easy to install, easy to program, reduces heat, didn't notice any change in performance until I put on the Xied 02 sensor wires (better throttle response). You can go ahead and get the Power Commander (PC) III or IV or AT but the cost is very high compared to the V&H's and I don't think you'll get anything more for your money. My bike is still under warranty and I've had it in the shop three times with the FuelPak with no questions asked. I figure if the engine craps out I'll take it off and then take it in for warranty work.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've got one on the '09 Deluxe.

Runs GREAT, fast and strong.

Stock headpipes, Rush 1.75 slipons, and a SE AC with a K&N HD-0800.

Every once ina while I get a little decel pop, but I live in the mountains.

I much prefer the TTS MasterTune I have on the FLTRU, but there was cost issues when I bought the Deluxe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts