Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have checked out all of the available YouTube videos and have heard in person the Vance & Hines 450 series with and without packing, but I'm curious if anybody has ever tried only removing part of the packing material. The stock packing is too quiet for me but removing all the packing is slightly too loud for my taste, mainly for long highway runs. Has anybody tried removing part of the packing to see if it is possible to get sound somewhere in the middle?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I have never done it but thought about it. I have had the packing in and out a couple times, it is louder with it out for sure.

I have a set of street cannons and v&h 450 destroyers. The v&h sound better and louder but you lose a lot of low end torque.

I currently have the packing out and I added the thunder torque inserts that gave me back the low end and it took the "tinny" sound out of the pipe. I thought at first it was to loud, I put 250 miles on yesterday mostly backroads and it did not seem that loud by the end of the day. I think one of the problems with the M8 is that it is quiet by nature and I forget how good a "normal" twin cam motor sounds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts