Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a chance to pick up a vance and hines fuel pak(part#61009),is anybody running one.pros or cons?i'm going to run the high flo air filter(HD) and rhinehart slip-ons.any feedback would help.thanks

·
Registered
659 Posts
They work but they have a limited range of tuning, basically canned maps and nothing more.

For filter and slip ons it will help but it might not be right on for the combination.

Personally I think it's better to get a TTS Mastertune or SESPT or Powercommander V
where you can make specific changes to help the tune, and if you grow into cams, larger cyl, bigger intake, gear changes, etc you can make those changes.

If you get a VH and it can't keep up with the changes you have to get rid
of it and buy the TTS or SESPET etc down the roadanyway...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Fuel pack

I'm running one that came w/bike..09 CVO ...I know it's limited compared to others, but I haven't had any problems with it....bought a new spare off e bay for $100. just in case...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just put one on my '08 and it seems to work fine. All I've done so far is the air cleaner but I'll be adding slip-ons, possibly true duals in the near future. I read forever on various forums and also made several phone calls to various folks and stopped by some local independent shops. What I got out of it all is opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one. As best as I could glean from it all was that if all you're doing is an air cleaner and exhaust then it'll probably suffice but if you're going much further you should probably look elsewhere. I didn't want to spend a ton of money or put it on the dyno and never plan on doing more than exhaust and air cleaner so I'm giving it a try. It was an easy install and easy set up after getting my settings from the Vance & Hines website. I did contact them about a potential set up I was thinking about installing on my bike that wasn't listed on their website and they got back with me quickly. Sorry to ramble on but I spent a ton of time trying to research and make the decision on which fuel management system to go with so I thought would give you my 2 cents worth....maybe .25 worth. Good luck!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just put one on my '08 and it seems to work fine. All I've done so far is the air cleaner but I'll be adding slip-ons, possibly true duals in the near future. I read forever on various forums and also made several phone calls to various folks and stopped by some local independent shops. What I got out of it all is opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one. As best as I could glean from it all was that if all you're doing is an air cleaner and exhaust then it'll probably suffice but if you're going much further you should probably look elsewhere. I didn't want to spend a ton of money or put it on the dyno and never plan on doing more than exhaust and air cleaner so I'm giving it a try. It was an easy install and easy set up after getting my settings from the Vance & Hines website. I did contact them about a potential set up I was thinking about installing on my bike that wasn't listed on their website and they got back with me quickly. Sorry to ramble on but I spent a ton of time trying to research and make the decision on which fuel management system to go with so I thought would give you my 2 cents worth....maybe .25 worth. Good luck!
i know what you mean,i been reading info about this unit and others and some like and others hate it(duh)!i can get a used one for $100 but you know the seller swears by it. i know, why is for sale then.well i'm glad to hear it's working out for you.i'm also looking at the ejk(made by dobeck).thanks,for the info!!!!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
It should work fine with slip-on's and high flow breather. I'm not a fan of the fuel pack because it's not flexible. That said, it's easy to use and you're just doing a stage 1. I would not recommend it for more than you're doing. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Rev Perf EMS, that's the ticket... :D Sorry fellas couldn't help myself. I am still impressed as hell with mine.

Rowdy

·
Registered
62 Posts
The V&H does nothing in closed loop only after 2800 3000 grand open loop. It will work fine for just pipes and air cleaner.
If you are looking to play I would say..
PCV
TTS
SE RACE TUNER
THUNDER MAX
If you dont want to play I would say the Rev-Perf EMS.:D
I like the sound of the hands off self tuning approach but holy crap!!! $800 for the Rev-Perf EMS it is out of the question if the Fuelpak will get me by with tolerable performance. I can buy several other goodies with the $600-$700 I'll save. With that said...to each his own.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I like the sound of the hands off self tuning approach but holy crap!!! $800 for the Rev-Perf EMS it is out of the question if the Fuelpak will get me by with tolerable performance. I can buy several other goodies with the $600-$700 I'll save. With that said...to each his own.
I would have agreed with you a few months ago Chiefman, but for me it was a good investment. I don't wrench on my bike, and wasn't completly sure how far I was going to take my build, and how many stages to get it done. That said, a couple of dyno tunes, and I would have spent the same amount of money. Hell I don't know that I am done yet, but with the Rev Perf EMS, I won't have any issues with tuning.
So, I definitly agree on the to each his own, it really just depends on where you are headed with your bike. As with any tuning product there are always pros and cons, ya just have to figure out what will work best for you.

Rowdy

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
all i'm doing is just slip-ons and high flow filter.i had my day with the turbos on bikes,and those day are over.i do mostly touring and this is all i need.thanks guys for your input!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
all i'm doing is just slip-ons and high flow filter.i had my day with the turbos on bikes,and those day are over.i do mostly touring and this is all i need.thanks guys for your input!!
You're welcome! Sounds like you and I are similar in what we're looking for. Best of luck and maybe we'll cross paths in the southeast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts