Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vent cover on my right lower rattles particularly when I'm stopped and holding the front brake. I tried tightening the nut inside the storage compartment, but that just made the vent more difficult to open and close and did not solve the rattling. Has anyone come across this issue or know how to fix it?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have heard or read somewhere that someone put a strip of the stick-on window felt along the runners where the door slides. Maybe that would do the trick?

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
There is a cutout on the door that slides along a pin on the bottom of the door. One of mine broke at the end of the track and it let the bottom of the door come loose and rattle as you described. I removed the door and J-B weld epoxyed it back together and remounted over the pin. That solved the issue. Of course I now remove the doors during warm months to allow more airflow to the motor so I can keep an eye on the doors condition. Just tightening the bolt on top if the pin is not in the track on the bottom ,won't help. You have to just about remove the whole lower to get to be able to see where the problem is. Hope this helps.....it did for me.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I'm going to have to take the lower apart in order to stop this infernal rattling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts