Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed vent screens and wrapped the headlight bezel with carbon fiber. This is an easy to do mod that really enhances the look of the front end, and as mentioned in previous posts, should help to keep the big bugs out.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Love mine too, definitely keeps the big bugs out!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great. Did you have a copy of the pattern for the screen? Where do you get the carbon fiber wrap?
I have a sign shop and we do vehicle wraps so I order this stuff a lot. Have lots of off-cuts laying around. I created a plastic (styrene) template for the vent screens. I could scan it and send you a pdf if you like. PM me.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nice job Whitey. Waiting to get my bike back this week from the tuner. I have been collecting some parts to do some work under the fairing. I have vent screens cut out of woven stainless mesh to match the insert of the factory air cleaner. I also had that headlight surround painted Vivid Black to match the dash on my Special. I really like the way the carbon fiber turned out. That would have been a cool way to go too.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just wish there was a good way to do a screen for the top vent... already had a couple good-sized bugs come through and bean me in the forehead, just under the brim of my half-helmet.

·
Registered
152 Posts
uote=MontyMoose;3337154]I just wish there was a good way to do a screen for the top vent... already had a couple good-sized bugs come through and bean me in the forehead, just under the brim of my half-helmet.[/quote]

Made one yesterday out of the leftover screen i had when i made my vent screens from the gutter guard from Lowes. Then sprayed it black. Didn't get the perfect cutout, but it works. Look at the back end of that wasp it caught. It fits in between inner fairing and the top vent cover. Its a small enough area that the screen did not move while on the road yesterday.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Made one yesterday out of the leftover screen i had when i made my vent screens from the gutter guard from Lowes. Then sprayed it black. Didn't get the perfect cutout, but it works. Look at the back end of that wasp it caught. It fits in between inner fairing and the top vent cover. Its a small enough area that the screen did not move while on the road yesterday.
Is yours cut flush and just sits in the seam between the inner and outer fairings? When I did mine, I left the top about 3/4" long and rolled that into the scoop area. Some 3m emblem tape on top of it keeps it in place.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Is yours cut flush and just sits in the seam between the inner and outer fairings? When I did mine, I left the top about 3/4" long and rolled that into the scoop area. Some 3m emblem tape on top of it keeps it in place.
Ya it would be I between the inner and outer I guess. It's actually the top vent cowl (my words) that it fits between. It is such a small area that the top edge didn't seem to move any when I went out for a ride. It's flush on the bottom edge then the top edge is cut for shape of curved vent/cowl.

·
Registered
5 Posts
These look good! I liked the looks of some of these and made mine out of black Powder coated Aluminum. The shape was a big factor for me.

Love the Carbon Fiber wrap. I have some already so I'm going to give it a try. I have some red that I used inside the speaker grilles that I will have to try and see how it looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Did you make a template for your top vent? If so, can you post it so we can use it? That would be terrific! I got stung by one of those last year, not fun!!!!!

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Did you make a template for your top vent? If so, can you post it so we can use it? That would be terrific! I got stung by one of those last year, not fun!!!!!
I haven't scanned it as I wanted to refine it some more. A piece of card stock or manilla file fold is all you need to start with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whitey,
Your wrap & vent screens do look cool. Would like to know where to get the carbon fiber wrap & the vent screen template.Thanks

1 - 20 of 64 Posts