Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made a set of these for my bike and got some interest from others. I have a few sets that I've made and looking to see if anyone on here would be interested in buying some. They're easy to install and just pinch between the outer fairing and the headlight trim. I'm looking for $25 per set shipped to the US. They are not painted. PM me if you're interested. Thanks..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Just got the material to make mine today. How thick is the metal you used?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About a 1/16th. It's stiff enough without being flimsy.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Gotcha. The stuff I got is 0.032. It seems pretty stiff but I was looking at the front end yesterday and think I should have plenty of room. Good luck with selling them. I don't think you'll have much of a problem.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump. Saw a previous post about the Klock works ones. Mine are 1/3 the price shipped..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sure I can. I will look around and see what other stock is available.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The top vent is a problem because of the way it is all assembled. I haven't found a good looking way to mount it. The top vent is basically glued to the top trim piece. Im working on it but just haven't come up with anything I like.

I did manage to get my hands on some honeycomb shaped stock that I will be cutting this weekend. Ill try to post some pics by sunday night. Im currently dealing with kidney stones so I don't have much energy to do too much of anything.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
The top vent is a problem because of the way it is all assembled. I haven't found a good looking way to mount it. The top vent is basically glued to the top trim piece. Im working on it but just haven't come up with anything I like.

I did manage to get my hands on some honeycomb shaped stock that I will be cutting this weekend. Ill try to post some pics by sunday night. Im currently dealing with kidney stones so I don't have much energy to do too much of anything.
Ouch man! Hang in there! Get well soon!
Definitely interested in the honeycomb pattern!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The nice thing about this honeycomb stock is that it's bare aluminum so it will look good on a chromed out bike. I'll probably cut a set and install on my bike for pics. I'll keep you all posted..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got some screens cut out of the honeycomb stock. They're the same as KW but half the price. $35 per set shipped. This stock is aluminum and much more expensive than the other screens and I can have some ready to ship by the end of the week depending on orders. Let me know..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
I got some screens cut out of the honeycomb stock. They're the same as KW but half the price. $35 per set shipped. This stock is aluminum and much more expensive than the other screens and I can have some ready to ship by the end of the week depending on orders. Let me know..
I like that pattern better than the stuff I picked out. Back to the drawing board.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts