Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can't close the right vent in the fairing. the open & close lever/switch is stuck flush or open????anyone know what to do or do i call the dearler??

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
If you repeatedly push the button, I think that it will close. My vents are finicky also. Fairing is coming off this winter. I will see about lubing the mechanism.

·
Registered
988 Posts
The service manual indicates that the vent mechanisms should be inspected, cleaned, & lubed every so often. It's just a spring type mechanism that's susceptible to dirt.
Lil Chief

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Take the outer fairing off and you will be able to see the mechanism. Blow it out with air, then take graphite, not WD 40 or some other lubricant and shoot it into the area that clicks and holds it open. You don't want anything that will soak up the dust and dirt and speed up the sticking again. Pretty simple fix and Harley used to change out the mechanism under warranty.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I had that happen to me a while ago on my 2015 RGS.
Took it to the dealer and they replaced a bad part on the right side. Took them 15 minutes for the fix once they received to new part. Havent had any issues since the fix last year.
Swomack

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have had mine stick a couple of time. I have removed the fairing, cleaned and lubed them and the issue seems to persist. What I have discovered is these latched don't respond well to brute force but better to a light touch.

I have found that lightly pressing in you will feel the ratchet lock disengage and the vent will close. and visa verse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts