Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 RGC and I am on the fence about getting a set of color matched lower fairings. Do they really make a difference in ride quality? What about the heat-is it increased significantly?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I for one, love them. It makes the ride a little quieter from the wind noise, blocks some cold air, and blocks the bugs. Downside is it's a little warmer of a ride when it's hot out. Wife loves them too, as she doesn't get blasted with air when my feet are up on the highways. Plus, 2 more speakers never hurt anyone.... :D

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
if you find that 'they are too hot', just remove the vent doors. takes about 15 minutes and they do not have to be removed from the bike to do it. i take my doors off every summer and put them back on in the winter.

otherwise, i leave them on all year round as well. manages the wind much better.

·
Registered
263 Posts
if you find that 'they are too hot', just remove the vent doors. takes about 15 minutes and they do not have to be removed from the bike to do it. i take my doors off every summer and put them back on in the winter.

otherwise, i leave them on all year round as well. manages the wind much better.

We travel alot, need them for the rain. Good for guys in the warmer states tho.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there any difference between the lower fairings that are on an ultra classic and a road glide or are they the same? I know where I can get some take off's from a friend, I was thinking of putting some on my road glide custom too.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Is there any difference between the lower fairings that are on an ultra classic and a road glide or are they the same? I know where I can get some take off's from a friend, I was thinking of putting some on my road glide custom too.
They should work, but you will need to trim off the top cap it will hit on the turn signal mount coming off the engine guard.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
You will only need to trim the cap if you buy an older style. The newer HD ones fit without trimming.

Yes they improve the ride quality.

Yes they are warmer but that is great in the winter.

In the summer just take them off completely or take the vent doors off as stated above. I think they are worth the money and you will be pleasantly surprised at the difference they make. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The Vented Lowers were the final piece of the aerodynamic puzzle for me, (along with the flaps, GADS LTTD and 12" WindSplitter) nothing but clean air at any speed, no buffeting, with, or without helmet.

'Never even think about taking them off.

The J&M Rokker XTs sound / look great.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I wouldn't buy another "big bike" without them. Helps with the wind and blocks a decent amount of rain. Don't get me wrong, if it's pouring you're still getting wet but mine generally shield my legs from the mist coming up from the road.

·
Registered
27 Posts
love them

I live in south eastern south dakota. Temps can reach 100 degrees and humidity in the summer averages 70+ percent. I installed lowers last spring. There were only 3 days i disliked them. 2 were in Sturgis. November now. Love them./

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
I love mine but when it got to 100+ degrees in Arizona I like to take them off because of the extra heat, even with the vents out it is way to hot when the temps get over 100.
HD changed the top cap on the lower fairing in 2010 so if your buddies fairing lowers are from a 2010 or later model there is no modification needed.
If the fairing lowers are from a 2009 or earlier the lowers will fit but trimming of the top cap is required.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts