Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just got my air shock kit. I've been reading threads about mounting location. Why doesn't anyone mount the compressor under the engine. It fits perfectly between the engine and trans with the head on the left side pointing toward the rear, without hanging down. The hose can run up next to the shift rod between the engine case and inner primary case. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
7,203 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its an Ultra. It actually will tuck up between the engine and trans nice, shielded by the pans with room around it for air to circulate.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Hey if it fits i say go for it. Just make sure the air lines aren't near anything too hot

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill check that area this weekend. Im going to pull the seat and start looking. Thanks

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Mines mounted like smokeyjoes it wasn't easy to get it in there but that's where arrnott suggested to put it. I took out the air temp gauge and mounted my air pressure gauge in the dash and it looks stock

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I mounted it on the right side. I fabbed some brackets that use the factory tab on the saddle bag support. I like those brackets in q hogs last post. I'm going to make some like that for my tank and mount it on the left support. I also took out the air temp gauge and put the bezel on my pressure gauge and put it in it's place. Thanks for all the suggestions, adown

1 - 12 of 12 Posts