Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 recently changed inner primary bearing, clutch hub, clutches, baker chain adjuster, due to the primary chain being to tight.
Seems to have cured most of he problems now its very noticeable when under load that there is a bad coming from rear wheel or tranny? Seems to be even worse when on rough road?
I know i need some new shocks and there coming this week but any ideals on this ?????
Tranny bearings?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Have you changed any of the rear wheel bearings?
There's also a bearing in the Rear Belt Sprocket as well as a Rubber Cush Drive Mount.
Mike U.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So got the wheel off none of the bearings feel loose but a couple feel
Awful tight. Im going to change them reguardless aincebits off add the new shocks and go from there.
I dont like the process of elimination because it cost....
anymore ideals ?????

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
do you know for a fact that the rear wheel is balanced properly? Since you have it off it would be real easy to have it checked.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Don't forget to check the rear pulley bearing.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Ok changed the rear wheel bearings and now shes smooth as silk. Thanks
This was after changing the busted clutch hub and inner primary bearing and race
Good to hear and glad you figured it out. Just an FYI, there are 2 bearings in the rear pully and if your ever need to change those you will need a press to get them out and the new ones in. It's the easiest way for me at least.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts