Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new Drift camera, now I need to be able to trim down the files to something useable. What does everyone use for video editing?? I don't need to do anything fancy.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have used Nero for a long time, but it's time to switch to something else. The price has gone up; it doesn't play well with Win7 or Win8; I find it hooks into a lot of places in the operating system causing problems with other programs.

Cyberlink Power Director 9 got a PC Magazine Editor's Choice
You might want to look at PC Magazine's review.

http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,2806,4835,00.asp

·
Registered
463 Posts
Windows Movie Maker. Works great. Free.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
subscribed

I'm a pinnacle/avid and adobe user from way back, mostly macs though

I had to use something last year to do some PSA's for a local station on my home computer, paid $400 and it was still crap, magix I think, had audio sync issues

I load avidemux if I just have to trip some clips

what is bundled with drift?

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
I do a ton of editing with Windows Movie Maker... its FREE and has more features than the average amateur will ever use.

Download it from Microsoft.

If your looking for something that costs... you can give Camtasia a try or for VERY high end Final Cut Pro on a mac is top dog.

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
All those home made...errr....nature films that you and the wife have blessed us with and you're asking US about editors? Wait, maybe I have you confused with Refi..:eek:

Another Mac option is iMovie. It's included as part of the Apple OS, and it's very easy to use. So easy my 83 year old pops can use it. And don't ask what he uses it for....:eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts