Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were there, here's your chance to relive the "fun." If you weren't, here's a little of what you missed. Janine was kind enough to put my GoPro to use as I tagged along behind her and Darrell. A couple of exciting moments on the way back down:

The Ascent:

The Descent:

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
What a great start to the day!! 2 loved it (did say "only 6k feet?), now she said where we riding today?.....damn you;):cool:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing. All I have is the memories of riding up, but a go pro is in the near future.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Thanks for posting! We were there but missed the ride due to working on tires. Wish we had made it!

·
Registered
853 Posts
In my defense.....it was REALLY REALLY REALLY FOGGY......!!!:eek:
Definitely not a good place to try out brand new tires and brakes that were REAL grippy.
All I could do was put them on smooth and gradual till there was nothin' left but "They're gonna grab and NOT lock up, or we're goin' over"......
What this video doesn't show was just how WET and downhill it was!
Did anybody mention the wind????:eek:
I grabbed a ton of brakes right there about twenty feet from the edge. I was hopin' for a slow slide/lock up over the edge.....! I'm not even kiddin'.......:eek:
And my baby Janine Hoskins did a heck of a job shooting with TWO cameras!!!

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
In my defense.....it was REALLY REALLY REALLY FOGGY......!!!:eek:
Definitely not a good place to try out brand new tires and brakes that were REAL grippy.
All I could do was put them on smooth and gradual till there was nothin' left but "They're gonna grab and NOT lock up, or we're goin' over"......
What this video doesn't show was just how WET and downhill it was!
Did anybody mention the wind????:eek:
I grabbed a ton of brakes right there about twenty feet from the edge. I was hopin' for a slow slide/lock up over the edge.....! I'm not even kiddin'.......:eek:
And my baby Janine Hoskins did a heck of a job shooting with TWO cameras!!!
Had my heart thumping pretty good. I was wondering when you were going to hit that turn. We went up on Monday with better weather and pretty damn good visibility and it was still a little hairy. :eek:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Had my heart thumping pretty good. I was wondering when you were going to hit that turn. We went up on Monday with better weather and pretty damn good visibility and it was still a little hairy. :eek:
Yeah, I was too! I just didn't want to clamp down too hard on those new Lyndall Racing Brakes I had just installed. They get real grippy and I was scared to death I was gonna lock up and then I would have slid us over the edge.
I would love to go back and ride it when we can see something. I was looking at post cards of the top and the huge radio towers just to the right as you go out the door of the post office/gift shop....HUGE towers........never saw 'em......!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Wow that was a ride to remember. Idiot in the car was scary.
Another Road Glide adventure to share when the "remember when" stories come out.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Great videos Ron. Thanks for posting them. Thanks to Janine and Darrell as well.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,822 Posts
Very nice, I'm glad someone got a good video of the ride. I rode to the top with "Springer Todd" 2 summers ago and we were very fortunate to have one of those rare sunny and cloudless days. The views were incredible. We must have spent an hour at the top just checking the views from various vantage points. That ride definitely comes with a certain amount of 'pucker factor'!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts