Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are you a professional or hobbyist videographer? Are you thinking about coming to SW4 in Maine next August? Would you be willing to spend some of your time during SW4 being our official videographer? The pay sucks but there's will be plenty of glory and adoration potential. :D If interested, please PM me for further discussion.

OK, about a week and no response .... how about an UNprofessional videographer?

·
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump to the top

·
Registered
743 Posts
Since I most likely won't make it to SW4, and I am a TV Cameraman (I hate videographer) I'll tell you why I think you have no responses.
It's like saying, are you a Harley mechanic 50 weeks out of the year? would you like to spend the two weeks of your vacation fixing harleys at SW4? There's no money in it, but everyone will love you!

No Thanks, It's my friggin' vacation and I don't do my job on my vacation! :D
Just my personal $.02

You'll likely get a better response from someone who does it for fun or hobby.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Pass out helmet cams(when off bike), hum.. before they pass out, n offset for the one leg shorter than the other phemon:D

·
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since I most likely won't make it to SW4, and I am a TV Cameraman (I hate videographer) I'll tell you why I think you have no responses.
It's like saying, are you a Harley mechanic 50 weeks out of the year? would you like to spend the two weeks of your vacation fixing harleys at SW4? There's no money in it, but everyone will love you!

No Thanks, It's my friggin' vacation and I don't do my job on my vacation! :D
Just my personal $.02

You'll likely get a better response from someone who does it for fun or hobby.
I hear you, and point well taken. That's why even though I originally had asked for a professional OR hobbyist, after getting no response I then said "how about an UNprofessional?"

I actually was looking for someone who was more of a hobbyist type that knew his/her way around a video camera and could put together a decent end product. I also wasn't suggesting that that person give up there SW fun to just do filming. My thought was that if someone wanted to invest some of their time at SW4, we'd give that person lots of info on where/when to get pics and that person could put together a film and set it to music and then sell copies back to the members while giving some of the proceeds back to SW5 organizers as seed money for that next event. I think a lot of attendees would pony up $12-15 bucks to have a decent video of SW4 events and the sales would help fund the video taker's trip and also help the organizers of SW5.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Think your right, might a local high school class for the road shots, or place motion cams in opportune locales, you've already thought, thinking to hard :)

·
Registered
743 Posts
I hear you, and point well taken. That's why even though I originally had asked for a professional OR hobbyist, after getting no response I then said "how about an UNprofessional?"

I actually was looking for someone who was more of a hobbyist type that knew his/her way around a video camera and could put together a decent end product. I also wasn't suggesting that that person give up there SW fun to just do filming. My thought was that if someone wanted to invest some of their time at SW4, we'd give that person lots of info on where/when to get pics and that person could put together a film and set it to music and then sell copies back to the members while giving some of the proceeds back to SW5 organizers as seed money for that next event. I think a lot of attendees would pony up $12-15 bucks to have a decent video of SW4 events and the sales would help fund the video taker's trip and also help the organizers of SW5.
Yeah you're absolutely right. Didn't mean to sound pissy. Just my personal feelings about it. I've been asked by friends and family to many times to put on my work hat when they can clearly see I'm wearing a party hat.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Are you looking for GoPro camera style or regular video camera?

Sent from the roadglide.org Monarch's phone
All we were looking for, or actually suggesting, is that if someone who knows how to put together a decent video of SW4 wants to pony up and volunteer, we'd help by suggesting places/times where that person could get some good shots based on the ride schedules, and then that person could edit and put the film to music and sell it on this site as a way to help finance that person's trip and also to raise some seed money for SW5. Some bike mounted GoPro mixed in would be fine, but I think a small amount of that goes a long way. Mostly was thinking hand held, to get pictures of everything from the ride in, to members arriving at the T&C, pictures of all the bikes in the parking lot, bikes at some of the more scenic spots on the day rides, a little bit of film during the banquet and awards, the raffle, etc. And of course, film of people just hanging out at night enjoying themselves too. Mostly just some candid snippets that would represent the whole week.

If done properly, I can see at least 50 people, and possibly a lot more, would want to own a copy. I know I'd like to have one to pull out on one of those stormy winter days when the snow is piling up and the wind is howling! 50 x $15. = $750. Take $400 for your efforts and donate the other $350 to SW5 organizers.

The whole thing was just a thought, not something the organizers of SW4 want to get personally involved in, other than to give whoever wants to do it any help they can in identifying good photo ops.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I can handle taking pics and video of the drinking area. Ill be there for sure, and it doesn't put me in incriminating videos or pics. Win/win

·
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can handle taking pics and video of the drinking area. Ill be there for sure, and it doesn't put me in incriminating videos or pics. Win/win
Oh boy! 90 minutes of looking at Lax's feet!

·
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, so Garvy has voluntered to be the primary person to take pics/film and edit it and put it to music as a finished product with half the proceeds going for seed money for
SW5. Anyone else who can take video or stills can contact Garvy after the even to discuss sharing some of your best so it can be included in the finished product.

Thank you Garvy and thank you Lax (I think!).

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'll probably regret this but I'll tackle it! I've been looking for a way to help out with a shark week. I enjoyed taking all the pics and updating for the gypsy tour/sw3

I would be willing to help you out Garvin if you want. I have a few idea's that may work well in a video. I didn't want to make a full commitment signing up for this. Just because I wanted to be able to enjoy Shark week without feeling I had to be somewhere. But between the both of us we could cover all bases I'm sure. Let me know.

I have a full HD 1080P recorder I use also.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
OK, so Garvy has voluntered to be the primary person to take pics/film and edit it and put it to music as a finished product with half the proceeds going for seed money for
SW5. Anyone else who can take video or stills can contact Garvy after the even to discuss sharing some of your best so it can be included in the finished product.

Thank you Garvy and thank you Lax (I think!).

I do what I can and glad to help out. I'll take all the extra video I can as I'm not omnipresent lol just remember I am only one man so the less I have to edit/sift through the better lol

I would be willing to help you out Garvin if you want. I have a few idea's that may work well in a video. I didn't want to make a full commitment signing up for this. Just because I wanted to be able to enjoy Shark week without feeling I had to be somewhere. But between the both of us we could cover all bases I'm sure. Let me know.

I have a full HD 1080P recorder I use also.
I hear ya, I've been to two sw now so I have a feeling of how it all goes down. I think for me filming, the previous experience will be better. Get with me through PM and we can go over all the finer points.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts