Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just received my 14 inch vindikta wild cats. i just got my 2018 rgs, i havent ridden my bike yet or even a road glide for that matter. im coming off of a 2008 night rod special. the question is should i ride with the stock bars for a bit to get 'comfortable' with the bike or should i just throw the bars on and get comfortable with these and only these? is there a learning curve going to a bagger from any other bike?

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep, ride it as it came until you get used to the extra weight of the R.G. The 'heavyness' takes a little bit of practice to get used to, but once you get familiar with it there's nothing like a 'Road Shark !'...hibby.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am leaning towards just throwing them on since I got a month or so minimum before I'm going to insure. Just wanna see opinions if it's worth it to ride with stock bars first or not. Stereo will be done before I ride it. Would have liked to have heard the stock speaks before changing them out but whatever. And thank you on the red guts

·
Registered
328 Posts
I say put the new bars on and do any other mods you may be considering. When I bought my bike I had the dealer do a shit load of modification before I rode it and I don’t regret doing any of it.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I just put that same bar on my bike. Put them on as soon as you can. I can honestly say that the bike is easier to handle with a taller bar then the stock. Im 5'6" and 140lbs and now my RG is my prison bitch! I own it. Ill bitch slap that bitch all around. Put them on a ride. All BS aside riding the bike is nothing. The parking lots is something different. Its a heavy ass bike and the only way to get use to it is to ride it. Good luck and post some pictures of that bad boy when you get them on. I promise you won't be sorry..........

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tips

PS I emailed vindikta before I bought the bars and was given discount code discount10. Tried discount20 and that is also valid. So for anyone buying from vindikta use that code!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Put dem apes on

so i just received my 14 inch vindikta wild cats. i just got my 2018 rgs, i havent ridden my bike yet or even a road glide for that matter. im coming off of a 2008 night rod special. the question is should i ride with the stock bars for a bit to get 'comfortable' with the bike or should i just throw the bars on and get comfortable with these and only these? is there a learning curve going to a bagger from any other bike?
I bought my '18 RGS in October and had my build done before I rode it. I originally installed Wild Ones 16" apes after having 14" apes on my '13 CVO RG Custom. So once I took delivery of the bike I realized the 16's were too short. SO now here I go again. 20" Vindikta Wild Cats going on.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the input. Gonna throw them on. Wish me luck. Factory 47 install video has been watched a few times lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
Put My 14 in.Yaffe Bars on right away,Felt like a Mini Bike on the ride home from the dealer,I had apes on my SG also so I am really used to them,So much more comfortable than stock bars.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I bought my '18 RGS in October and had my build done before I rode it. I originally installed Wild Ones 16" apes after having 14" apes on my '13 CVO RG Custom. So once I took delivery of the bike I realized the 16's were too short. SO now here I go again. 20" Vindikta Wild Cats going on.
Ive got 16in wildcats. Those 20s are dam impressive!.
The 1 1/2 diameter, vertical bar bend and the top point on the wild cats are bad ass

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the tips

PS I emailed vindikta before I bought the bars and was given discount code discount10. Tried discount20 and that is also valid. So for anyone buying from vindikta use that code!
Just ordered the Vindikta 14" Marauders. The discount20 code worked.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've never wired bars before but I found these to be a bitch. Maybe it was just me. Maybe they're not as clean internally. No idea

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've never wired bars before but I found these to be a bitch. Maybe it was just me. Maybe they're not as clean internally. No idea
I've done several sets of bars. Maybe it's just you AND me, but i haven't found a set yet that was fun!

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not sure why the pics are upside down

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
Thanks for the tips

Crap I just ordered some during lunch. Wish I would have seen this. How much was the discount! Never mind I don’t want to know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts