Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for those that have used the vinyl pinstripes. Well a couple lol.
1 is there any brand that seems to be the best?
And 2 how hard is it to do curves? I don't want just a straight line.
After installing new bars 1st time I had fairing apart. I decided not to put the chrome windshield trim back on, don't know what brand it was but fit sucked and as so many who hate it, it screwed up my paint and I don't have the money to have the whole outer fairing painted.
I found a gold pin stripe that matches the others on the bike so am thinking about just covering up the scaring.
Any thoughts and help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
The red on my bike is 3M Automotive Vinyl Pinstriping Tape and it works great. As far as applying it, yes you can do curves. Take your time and on the curves you do just a little bit at a time lightly press it down. Once again just take your time.
Swomack

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The red on my bike is 3M Automotive Vinyl Pinstriping Tape and it works great. As far as applying it, yes you can do curves. Take your time and on the curves you do just a little bit at a time lightly press it down. Once again just take your time.
Swomack
Thanks yours does look real good.
What I have found locally is Cowles auto pinstripe but it does have the 3 M backing.
Just deciding on black or gold.
Am thinking either would look ok as bike does have gold striping. And I am going to use the black door edge trim on the bottom of the shield so maybe a black line under it to hide the paint scaring would look ok.

·
Registered
336 Posts
A little patience goes a long way. Take your time. The vinyl is forgiving- to a point. If you stretch a little too much, it will get skinny (or break). My best luck doing curves, is to just press it down a little past where you want it to land, peel back slightly, re-align, press again. I posted photos on another thread yesterday:

http://www.roadglide.org/3-*general-road-glide-discussions-pictures/6573-what-did-you-do-your-road-glide-today-978.html

And a few more on Swomak's thread:

http://www.roadglide.org/29-do-yourself/257098-swomacks-red-vinyl-pin-work-4.html

If it sits too long, it DOES get harder to remove. But it can be peeled off, and the adhesive rubs off clean with rubbing alcohol and a little pressure (be sure to use a chamois or terry cloth). It's pretty easy to scratch your paint.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts