Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here had a whole bike wrapped? I'm trying to get a rough idea on cost. I love my bike, but I get bored with colors easily. Olive Gold isn't common, so I don't think I want to paint it.
I'm going to do a single color, nothing crazy. I'm definitely not going to tackle it myself. I've tried it on other stuff, and it's a skill I don't have.

·
Registered
174 Posts
So I gave a quote in hand right now. About $700 in material and $700-800 in labor. In my case I am wrapping nearly everything I can. So I’m disassembling then bike. If you just do the things that were originally painted olive, that price probably would include taking it apart. But I’m doing inner fairing, nacelle, tour pack, mid frame deflectors, fang spoiler, and chin spoiler.

So I think you can get it done for $1500.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So I gave a quote in hand right now. About $700 in material and $700-800 in labor. In my case I am wrapping nearly everything I can. So I’m disassembling then bike. If you just do the things that were originally painted olive, that price probably would include taking it apart. But I’m doing inner fairing, nacelle, tour pack, mid frame deflectors, fang spoiler, and chin spoiler.

I was going to wrap mine until I looked at the fang spoiler. There is no way to wrap the back of that thing.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks. I'm probably going to take it apart myself. I'm doing the painted parts and a chopped tour pak. I'm trying to find a place to do it right now.
Is that a single color price?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks. I'm probably going to take it apart myself. I'm doing the painted parts and a chopped tour pak. I'm trying to find a place to do it right now.
Is that a single color price?
Yes that was a single color price.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was going to wrap mine until I looked at the fang spoiler. There is no way to wrap the back of that thing.
The fang spoiler isn’t color matched on the inside. I think it’s black on all of them. Mine happens to be black on both sides because my bike is black, but I’m pretty sure they are all that way.

So the front edge is painted and the back edge and the chin guard. Anyway, wrapping that piece is part of my design.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The fang spoiler isn’t color matched on the inside. I think it’s black on all of them. Mine happens to be black on both sides because my bike is black, but I’m pretty sure they are all that way.

So the front edge is painted and the back edge and the chin guard. Anyway, wrapping that piece is part of my design.
Get any wrapping done yet? My spoiler is grey inside and out.

·
Registered
220 Posts
One color or a special design shouldn’t matter. It’s all printed on vinyl anyway. Unless they charge you for the design work. But mostly it’s material and labor. Lots of labor to wrap a bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts