Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
The stock HK unit is hands down the best for daytime visibility in my experience

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
If your looking at the aftermarket radios, the units with an LCD read-out (often found on marine grade) are usually the best. Most LED screens become hard to see in any sunlight.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
What radio has the best visible display during bright sunlight ?
+1^^^^^

Agreed but that's about the only thing they're the best at
MY HK works great and it has since I got my bike new in 2008. Talk to the people at J&M and HK is the unit they recommend over any aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to say I used to use the iron Aces mount and the HK radio. Then I switched to a Alpine deck with the Hawg Wired kit. I ended up going back to the HK. Just wondering if there was another aftermarket deck that you could actually see in the bright sunlight.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm just curious what is in the display that you have to see. I have a kenwood marine head unit that I run music through my IPhone to. I mount my phone to the iron aces mount. In the iPod mode I can't see anything on the head unit because the display is split into two lines and the type is to small. The only thing I used to look at was the time and now I just glance down at my watch. All the modes other than iPod mode let me fill the display with the clock and then I can see the time. My phone lets me see what music is playing and I can also use it for gps directions.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I'm just curious what is in the display that you have to see. I have a kenwood marine head unit that I run music through my IPhone to. I mount my phone to the iron aces mount. In the iPod mode I can't see anything on the head unit because the display is split into two lines and the type is to small. The only thing I used to look at was the time and now I just glance down at my watch. All the modes other than iPod mode let me fill the display with the clock and then I can see the time. My phone lets me see what music is playing and I can also use it for gps directions.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Some of use (like me) don't use iphones or any of the other fancy stuff.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
It is nice to see the radio stations displayed when using this feature and when playing a CD you can see the info on the display which is nice, of course you like to see the display when you adjust the bass/treble or the other features in the unit.
Look at all the $$ we save by not having to buy itunes. I also use a Garmin GPS if I want to use a GPS and I don't have to pay for data.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have the Sony DSX MS60 marine unit and I can see the display clearly in the sunlight.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the Sony DSX MS60 marine unit and I can see the display clearly in the sunlight.
thats what I am looking for. I ran across the Sony M70BT today searching around. I like the idea of two USB ports. I guess the M70BT is the new version on the M60?

·
Registered
273 Posts
My stock H.K. Is great in the sunlight now that I adjusted the display contrast. Page 103 in the 2011 owners manual. Sometimes if you are adjusting volume you hit the button wrong you can find yourself in the bass, treble, fade screen and if you hit display -down- by mistake you can almost lose your screen. Try display- up-

·
Registered
264 Posts
MY HK works great and it has since I got my bike new in 2008. Talk to the people at J&M and HK is the unit they recommend over any aftermarket unit.
Thats until you hear an aftermarket unit compared to the stock HK. Keep believing the crap if you will...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts