Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forums quite a bit but have not been able to find this specific issue. Has anyone had a problem with voice prompts / turn-by-turn navigation turning off during the middle of a route? When I load the route from my thumb drive, and select it, it will tell me the usual...calculating route and then start prompting. After about 30 or 40 miles, the voice prompts stop. I read something that talked about enabling nav prompts under feedback settings, but I don't ever disable it. I haven't found this as a fix, but just found this as a possible solution yesterday. Is there a way for it to turn itself off, or a shortcut on The Handlebar controls that would disable them? Whenever they stopped working mid route, they are completely gone. The music does not mute anymore and it doesn't appear to even attempt to give turn-by-turn. That's what leads me to believe it has turned itself off.

I know some people don't like the prompts, but having them on allows me to look around and be prompted when to turn. I would prefer them be on so I can enjoy more of the ride instead of watching the screen.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I didn't have them turn itself 'off', but used to have it turn itself 'on' (that's the feedback nav). I'd go to the setting and turn it 'off' again. I haven't had it do that since the latest BOOM update, maybe check that out. I have it 'off' so as to not interrupt the gawking around LOL. Besides getting lost is half the fun :laugh:

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have the problem you describe and think it may be caused by setting Media to my phone. Not sure if this is the source of the problem. Maybe others can confirm.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Oddly enough, I learned something similar on the 6.5 a couple of days ago...couldn't figure out why my volume for voice prompts from the nav system was changing seemingly on it's own. Turns out if you're adjusting the radio/media volume and a voice prompt comes through while you're holding the volume button, then the voice prompt volume gets changed. So if you're looking to change the turn by turn volume and don't wanna go into the settings screen, just wait'll she pipes up :-D

·
Registered
633 Posts
Oddly enough, I learned something similar on the 6.5 a couple of days ago...couldn't figure out why my volume for voice prompts from the nav system was changing seemingly on it's own. Turns out if you're adjusting the radio/media volume and a voice prompt comes through while you're holding the volume button, then the voice prompt volume gets changed. So if you're looking to change the turn by turn volume and don't wanna go into the settings screen, just wait'll she pipes up :-D
Same with CB volume.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
721 Posts
I've searched the forums quite a bit but have not been able to find this specific issue. Has anyone had a problem with voice prompts / turn-by-turn navigation turning off during the middle of a route? When I load the route from my thumb drive, and select it, it will tell me the usual...calculating route and then start prompting. After about 30 or 40 miles, the voice prompts stop. I read something that talked about enabling nav prompts under feedback settings, but I don't ever disable it. I haven't found this as a fix, but just found this as a possible solution yesterday. Is there a way for it to turn itself off, or a shortcut on The Handlebar controls that would disable them? Whenever they stopped working mid route, they are completely gone. The music does not mute anymore and it doesn't appear to even attempt to give turn-by-turn. That's what leads me to believe it has turned itself off.

I know some people don't like the prompts, but having them on allows me to look around and be prompted when to turn. I would prefer them be on so I can enjoy more of the ride instead of watching the screen.
There seems to be a bug in the Navigation firmware. It is related to the firmware version you have on your bike. I was bored on a long ride this past two weeks and went through most navigation system menu options between rain storms. I stumbled into the problem. There is a setting you need to correct. Please see the attached three menu options. This will fix the problem.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts