Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my glide have been experiencing voltage instability on the volt meter for the pass month. The voltage will just ramp up to 16v with the speedo and tacho meter + HK stero set blacking out, at this stage the cruise control also stopped working.

Previously, the volt meter will fluctuate between 12v, 14v, at times 10v. The check engine and oil light from the dash will light up once the voltage is low. I have sent to the dealership to troubleshoot the problem. The voltage regulator and stator has been changed and the problem still persists.

What seems to be the problem?...

BTW, my glide is [email protected] RGC with 8000miles on it. Appreciate you advise..

·
Registered
498 Posts
You need to check your wiring harness from the voltage regulator out and make sure the mating connectors are clean. Use dielectric grease on the connectors.

Check your grounds up on the front forks. Make sure the battery ground is clean as well.

This almost sounds like you are having a bad connection since the regulator has been replaced. If the ground is not good, the regulator doesn't have a reference for the voltage. With a poor or floating reference (possibly to to a loose or dirty ground connection), the voltage will "float" to different levels and cause significant problems.

If the bike is a 2012 (read [email protected] in your post), then it is under warranty so don't spend a lot of time on it. Let the dealer figure it out and fix it for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Captian13, your suggestion make great sense, I have noticed a lot of road grime around the connectors, maybe due to leakage from changing the oil filter at the dealership.

Thank you and appreciate your help!

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
I've had 2 stators cause issues similar -- you'll know when the stator goes -- wow what a smell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts