Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone at sw4 let us in on what where the three big presentations for sw5?
I couldn't go this year like I had hoped , just curious,( know you have to be their to vote )

·
Administrator
12,454 Posts
It's early Wednesday afternoon and I still haven't decided what my vote is going to be. :eek::what:

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
STURGIS ......... the week before the rally.

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
Why not Eureka Springs AR??

·
Registered
490 Posts
Omaha? There is nothing there for gliders. How about somewhere with good scenery, weather, and routes?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I wasn't able to make it to SW this year, so of course, I don't have a vote. However, I did watch the presentations last night, so I suppose there's no harm in offering my opinion.

Omaha, NE
Pros:
Centrally located.
One day ride from Sturgis for those so inclined.

Cons:
A little too close to home for me. I think there's better riding to be had other places (in my opinion)

Kerville, TX
Pros:
Centrally located
Fantastic Riding
Dates already set, in June, too! (Good call guys)
Hotel already locked down.
One hotel large enough to house the entire group. No overflow hotel needed.
Great riding to and from the area as well.
Very cool area. This one would get my vote if I was there.

Cons:
None

Maggie Valley, NC
Pros:
Fantastic riding. I've never ridden in that area, but I plan to at some point.

Cons:
Host hotel has about 100 rooms. There would have to be one, or even more smaller overflow hotels.

If SWV goes here, it would be the second east coast location in a row, and it would put 3 of the first 5 Shark Week events on the east coast. To me, that's a big disqualifier.

These are my opinions only. I'm anxiously awaiting tomorrow's results.

·
Administrator
10,375 Posts
I've ridden each area and my only con to the Maggie Valley area is a personal one , not in opposition to the riding , it's seven hours away and we usually go to the area at least once a year .. I pretty much don't need a map . I think the dragon is over rated . Cherohala , BRP and NC 209 are much nicer rides ..

From the video link up , I too was impressed with the Texas delegation .. these guys decided as soon as SWIII was in the books , that they were gonna pitch West Texas .. they had an entire year to put something together , and I think it is fantastic , that the dates are set and the host hotel can handle everyone , and all the host hotel is waiting for is a phone call saying 'book us" ..

I looked at some pics of the host hotel this morning and it is pretty dad gum swanky ..

JtB

·
Registered
953 Posts
Of course like the rest of you I have no vote since I couldn't make it this year either.

I have ridden all 3 areas and like Everyone said there pros and cons to them all. I'm with JTB in that I feel the Dragon is way over rated, but the surrounding area is awesome.

I stayed in Kerrville TX for a week 2 years ago and didn't see it all. Plenty to do and in June the weather would be perfect. The hotel they picked is really cool and sits right on the banks of the Gualalope river.

Nebraska does have more to offer than you might think as I ride the Missouri river valley and Loess hills 3 times a month. Omaha is only 3 hrs from me so it's too close. But that can be a pro too. Don't rule it out I think you would be surprised and it's a days ride to Sturgis if you are going.

My vote would be Texas.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts