Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I cant figure this out and dealer could not "feel" it.
When I do a slight swerve to the right of left, I feel a fine vibration in the handle bars. The farther I lean, the less I feel it. It does not take much, just a slight left or right swerve.
I am not overly worried about it, but it was not there a month ago..odd.

oh, I just noticed..vUbrations? hahahahah vibrations..oh.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2013 RG, 5000 miles

tire is good. balance is good
hmmm, bearing.
How to do a check on that?

·
Registered
542 Posts
That's my guess. But it could be a tire, a out of balance tire, or a possible bent rim as well.

My friend had a 2013, had same thing, his actually made a noise now and again, and it was his wheel bearings, and it was brand new.
I have a 13. Get a good noise and a small vibration out of front above 70
Started at about 5,000 miles. Goes away when leaning into a corner. I am sure it is the front wheel bearings. Taking it in as soon as riding season is over.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2013 RG Ultra had 5000 miles on it when I bought it. The tires would hum when you leaned it over and could feel it in the handlebar. Lived with until 15k miles. Put new tires on problem gone. Tires visually looked good before they were replaced.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I'm betting wheel bearing. Replaced very early on my 13 as well and fortunately still under warranty.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I had three different tires on my 2003 Suzuki. Same issue. I asked the dealer to check the bearings, as I thought the tires looked great, they said it is probably the tires. They replaced the tires, problem solved.

·
Registered
438 Posts
My tires gave the same symptom but had higher mileage than yours; new tires problem gone. Look for some minor cupping on the tires. My bearing went out but it squeaked like a pig, on and off, when it did.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts