Road Glide banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've attached a photo of the stock header on my wife's new 2015 RG. Look at the rear pipe and cat section and the discoloration compared to the front cylinder. That had to be glowing red the whole time it was running to turn that color. Amazing how hot these bikes can get. It's no wonder why people complain of the heat. She'll be happy after the new exhaust and tune. See next post for photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Really doesn't take that much heat to discolour pipes like that, Highly doubt it was glowing, but these babies really do toss the heat at the riders calf, I've got a great scar to prove it!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
typical cat heat levels can catch grass on fire from a foot or so. I hope you went with ceramic coated header such as the Jackpot or Fulsac. It makes a big difference.

Scoop

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
Get rid of the CAT.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The CAT is gone. I've pulled several of these off and I've just not seen one that had been quite as hot. I've seen a ton of blued pipes, but the heat coming of the rear end of this thing was ridiculous. I'd expect the CAT to be that color, just not the whole rear pipe.

Putting a Fulsac header on this bike with CVO mufflers and 2" cores. Sticking with a Stage I for now.

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
Wow! Bet your wife is happier now that the cat is gone. Did you try changing the AFR to a little richer running condition? I set my AFR to 13.9, it cut down on my mpg a little but the bike runs good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.