Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to change out my gas tank dash console with the intercom plug. Really don't like the look of the plug and would just like to swap to a different dash. I see a lot of them on ebay for different bikes, does anyone know which ones would be a direct swap out size wise for my bike??

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I believe the Street Glide and FLTRX do not have the plug.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I liked the dash I had on my 06 street glide, would one off an 11 street glide fit? Would like it to be the same size, just without the plug!!

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
You can remove the plastic piece that holds the intercom plug and buy a new insert to put in there. Several companies make them, you can also have something custom made.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember reading one of the threads about removing the intercom piece but I couldn't find it again. Doesn't someone make a custom lexan version to go in place of intercom??

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Im not sure tge '11 will work on an '06 being that they went to 6 gal tanks in 08 and changed the dash in 09 i believe
I believe the OP was saying he had an '06 previously and liked the dash on that one.

A dash off all touring bikes with a 6 gallon tank should be portable.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I used Benji at Legacy Baggers(facebook). He cut a dash insert, speaker grilles, and Saddlebag latch inserts for me. I have more pics of them installed on my phone, just none on the laptop. These dash inserts require you to move the intercom plug and they are a perfect fit. let me know if you want me to text pics.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you're going to keep your intercom plug, you might consider getting one of the CVO Ultra inserts. Looks a hell of a lot better than the regular plastic insert, and not that expensive (about $40, as I recall). It's also metal, so it can be painted or PCed.

If you don't want the plug on the dash, just get a SG/RGC dash off eBay, and move the plug down by the seat nose using the bracket from the intercom add-on kits.

Sorry I don't have any if these parts numbers in front of me, but shouldn't be tough to find.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I can either get one of the street glide dashes off ebay for an 08 or later, or I can just pull out the plastic intercom piece and any of the 08 or later inserts should fit just fine? Perfect...now I just have to decide which one would look the best! Thanks everyone!!!:D

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,701 Posts
For a quick look at some aftermarket dash inserts, check out J&P's on line catalog. Their prices tend to be a touch high but they usually catalog a bigger selection than many others.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts